Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 03 Spyder CC for a new (dealer demo) 05 CC. 05 is triple black with virtually every option. A real show stopper.

What has surprised (and pleased) me is the improvements in chasis stiffness and transmission feel. Cowl shake that has been subject of previous threads is gone and transmission is smoother and more responsive. Maserati appears to care about owner comments and takes action in response. Given their small production, making manufacturing and design changes must take some commitment.

Maybe I just like my new car too much!

·
Registered
695 Posts
gmgrodne said:
What has surprised (and pleased) me is the improvements in chasis stiffness and transmission feel. Cowl shake that has been subject of previous threads is gone and transmission is smoother and more responsive.
My recent Spyder CC is a leftover (new) '05. Prior to purchase, the tranny was almost a deal breaker because I had recently driven a 2000 Modena F1. That ride solidified why SMG trannies get such bad magazine rewiews. That 360 had fantastic downshifts and really horrible upshifts. Fortunately, test driving the CC Spyder changed my mind.

On the subject of cowl shake, I can't imagine how bad the early spyders were prior to mine. There is still too much, IMHO. But that is in comparison to my '05 BMW Z4 roadster. That baby bimmer is like a rock when it comes rigidity. Zero vibration through the cowl, A-frame, steering wheel. or the rearview mirror. And considering that with sport suspension and 18" wheels with run-flat tires, the roadster has a ride rougher than my one ton dualie, that is some serious structure.

·
Registered
681 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
40% of revenue is invested back into R&D, which is higher than pretty much any other manufacturer.
That's very interest info, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts