Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
the other day just after fixing the problem with my top (got stuck half way open...) and after the car rode just fine the whole morning... I got a gearbox warning light in the dash, car wouldn't select gears and after turning it of it wouldn't restart. I tried resetting the gearbox but no luck, I tried system reset through main switch but no luck etc.

The car was towed to the garage and for as much as I was trying to be optimistic I was already thinking: F1 pump. The lack of noise at door open is frightening :) SD2 read no errors except -2 bar pressure in the hydraulic system... which was telling us the obvious: pump is not pumping.

Anyway it turns out to be just a blown fuse and the car just started in the garage.

Now my question is... what might have caused the fuse to blow? anyone had similar problem? was it recurring? it might be an easy fix but it would keep me stranded in front of a bunch of angry drivers if it happens again...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Usually the first sign of pump failure. Big debate over what actually fails in the pump. Generally requires pump replacement. Whether it is rebuilt or replaced is posted elsewhere on this site. Suspect this will become a reoccuring problem.

·
Registered
513 Posts
did you happen to find out where the fuse was located, may come in handy down the road?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No unfortunately the substitution was done by the mechanic. It's a 30 amp.
But in any event... it is the pump that needs replacement, the same thing happened though this time the fuse was intact... the pump works sporadically so I guess the diagnosis was right in the first place.

Anybody has a guess how much it might cost to replace? how long is this part supposed to last? does it have it's own schedule for maintainance/replacement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts