Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Spyder hibernated for the winter starting in early November. Living in Indiana, it finds winter to be unacceptable. I was planning to get car out of storage after the Ides of March.

Today it was mid-40's and sunny. Forecast is for increasing temperatures. I couldn't stand it any longer, and took the car out of storage. Took a 20 mile drive home, and I was grinning all the way. Still way more fun than any Porsche, Merc or BMW I have owned or driven. Long live the Italians.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My baby is still tucked in supposedly we have a warm weekend ahead of us...it is very tempting to get her out and let her strech a little

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I will let the Lion leave first!

March has just started so I will wait till the weather stays warm! No more sub 20 days and snow in the forcast before I take my car out from storage! But enjoy your early days of driving!

·
Registered
722 Posts
In N. CA, we are expecting 70+ degrees this weekend. But traffic has been bad for several days, so I'm happy to drive a Merc beater for a bit instead of throwing my beautiful Maser into that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The traffic really has been odd lately. I've been driving to SF recently and the number of multiple lane changes diving for an exit has just been astounding. Maybe the nice weather has people daydreaming?

Today I took the Spyder and had the top down. Heading out of the city on 280 I noticed a Cayenne approaching at a high rate of speed. Traffic was moderately heavy so I wasn't comfortable punching it, but after he blew past I followed... when he noticed me he started weaving through traffic doing about 120! I was able to stay in contact (at a MUCH lower speed) and as the traffic cleared and I was about to have some fun, he realized he wasn't going to shake me, he cut across 3 lanes and zipped down an exit... idiot/weenie.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Steeldream said:
The traffic really has been odd lately. I've been driving to SF recently and the number of multiple lane changes diving for an exit has just been astounding. Maybe the nice weather has people daydreaming?

Today I took the Spyder and had the top down. Heading out of the city on 280 I noticed a Cayenne approaching at a high rate of speed. Traffic was moderately heavy so I wasn't comfortable punching it, but after he blew past I followed... when he noticed me he started weaving through traffic doing about 120! I was able to stay in contact (at a MUCH lower speed) and as the traffic cleared and I was about to have some fun, he realized he wasn't going to shake me, he cut across 3 lanes and zipped down an exit... idiot/weenie.

I usually experience this "show" of speed by kids in Hondas with the modified muffler systems. Best to avoid them. You and they know who has the hotter auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts