Maserati Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
found it, it went to the junk-mail folder. but i have it, I'll email you today. thanks man.

oh, and yes the mechanic is honest if you can believe that. i hope its a simple install for the springs. because like i said , if he sees that you need special Italian tool or machines to hold the whatyoumacallit and a computer to re calibrate the skyhook, then am screwed and will have to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Iwan said:
btw. how can I figure out whether my 4200CC has skyhook or not?
I think the console button is labeled "sport" on skyhook vehicles and "pwr" on non-skyhook ones. (I think this is in the owner's manual, but I can't double check because the manual's in the car, which is with my mechanic getting a racing exhaust installed...)

I got my LeoNardo springs from p-factor, www.p-factor.com. My mechanic had to call them for technical advice because it seemed impossible to install the rear springs without removing the car's fuel cell.

·
Registered
681 Posts
willie said:
found it, it went to the junk-mail folder. but i have it, I'll email you today. thanks man.

oh, and yes the mechanic is honest if you can believe that. i hope its a simple install for the springs. because like i said , if he sees that you need special Italian tool or machines to hold the whatyoumacallit and a computer to re calibrate the skyhook, then am screwed and will have to go to the dealer.
Figured it did, happens sometimes. Either way I got your email, I'm working on a super friend discount for you so give me a day since I gotta email back and forth between Germany.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
$1,651 is the price on these retail if anyone is interested, Maseratilife members get a discount but to inquire on the discount contact me privately.

·
Registered
173 Posts
CDF said:
The Xenon lights are supposedly self-adjusting but I wonder if there's a point where it stops working because the lights seem aimed too low now. I think I'm stuck with it unless I downgrade to adjustable lights.
I do not think that they are self-adjusting. You actually could adjust it by yourself but it is pain in the neck. My car is 02 Coupe GT with Xenon. I adjust it by myself while installing K&N filter (have to modify filter a bit to fit, i just want to try sth. different from the others :p ). You have to take the wheel off and also the plastic wheel well. There are 2 knobs on the back of the light unit, one for high beam and one for xenon low beam. The outside knob is for the xenon. It is very hard to reach. You need some extention rachet. I think it will take a few hours to do that. Hope that these will help anyone trying to adjust the light.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks very much, I will try your suggested Xenon adjustment!

I am curious, does the K&N filter seem any better than BMC?

(Aside: Regarding a promise I made months ago in this thread, I still plan to post a sound clip and information about the Kreis-sig exhaust in my Coupe. I bought the entire works including racing cats and new headers, it will be done in about a week and should add around 70 HP.)

·
Registered
242 Posts
NAPerformance said:
$1,651 is the price on these retail if anyone is interested, Maseratilife members get a discount but to inquire on the discount contact me privately.
So do they fit Skyhook or not? Do you know how much labour would be involved?

·
Registered
173 Posts
CDF said:
I am curious, does the K&N filter seem any better than BMC?
Not so sure about that. I think it should be quite the same but K&N that I use is cheaper at around $60 and I think the size is a bit bigger(i want the biggest one that could fit) than BMC. I do not really feel any gain in power but you could hear the engine getting a bit louder. I think the gain of less than 5% in hp is hard to notice.

By the way, I talk to one of the dealer. If you want to lower the skyhook suspension without upsetting the skyhook computer, he said the maximum is 0.75 inch. Too bad, that is not enough for most of us.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.