Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been following these threads, and everyones experiences have proved to be really useful. (I now have a tubi on order - should be arriving next week! and have decided to not go for the software updates to the CC.)

Anyway my Spyder has skyhook and I've seen a lot of threads regarding lowering the car by "screwing down" the shocks - but has anyone tried Leo Nardo 's Sports Springs - these Lower the car by about 35mm. It seems from the threads that the method of simply adjusting the existing set up is not great as it softens the ride. The sports springs seem to be about £650 - so not too bad. If anyone has tried them I'd love to know their thoughts.

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
LeoNardo springs

I have the LeoNardo springs in my Coupe. They are shorter and stiffer than stock springs and seem to really improve handling in sport mode (but not with sport mode off, where the ride becomes softer and bouncier with these shorter springs).

In sport mode the ride and cornering is just so much tighter and there is no body roll. I get a lot more compliments with the car lowered as well.

Drawbacks: A jackhammer-ride over potholes, always taking care not to scrape the nose, and non-adjustable Xenon headlights aimed incorrectly (a little) after the lowering.

Overall I recommend it, it really changes the handling and look of the Coupe more than any other mod.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, I never knew you could put the Leonardos on a Skyhook. How much to install? and have you tracked the car yet??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Leo Nardo / Skyhook

Surprisingly, the LeoNardo competition sport springs work ONLY in Skyhook cars. My mechanic found installation trickier than he expected and the procedure wound up costing $1,000. Maybe a dealership would be a better choice for installation if you can talk them into it.

The tightness of these springs inspires a lot more confidence for the driver. I haven't had the Coupe on a track but think these will work great when I get into racing soon.

Right now my Coupe is in the shop having a Kreis-sig F1 racing exhaust installed...I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. I will start a thread sharing my experience with this racing system which will put the Maserati V8 closer to 500 bhp than 400.

·
Registered
201 Posts
455 bhp?

The new exhaust headers alone add 25 horsepower, then you get 15 more as you open a valve from inside the cabin to bypass cats and mufflers. That's on top of 415 bhp the car has with ECU reprogramming.

I also expect a weight reduction of 50-100 lbs with the entirely new exhaust system. All this plus lighter aftermarket wheels will let the Coupe go 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds according to my calculations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks - will have to make sure the car would still go in the garage !.....so that was $1000 on top of the cost of the springs - not cheap !

Have you spoken to them about re-levelling the self-levelling Xenons?

also keep us informed about the Kreig-sig F1 - it s an awesome looking system and the sound clips I ve heard so far are incredible - you'll have to post some of your own.

I went for the cheaper Tubi option - still looking forward to that the week after next though.

The only other mod I've really considered is the ECU upgrade - but am yet to be really convinced its worth it. I did it to my E36 M3 and wasn't overly impressed with the results. Do you think its worth it?

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I do recommend the ECU reprogram, the difference it made was not subtle. The V8 runs like a volcano and the tachometer zings up to 8000. From what I understand the Eurotek reprograms are a different thing from the "chip upgrades" advertised for European cars.

The Xenon lights are supposedly self-adjusting but I wonder if there's a point where it stops working because the lights seem aimed too low now. I think I'm stuck with it unless I downgrade to adjustable lights.

·
Registered
835 Posts
CDF said:
...From what I understand the Eurotek reprograms are a different thing from the "chip upgrades" advertised for European cars...
but it would be a waste of $$$ if 91 octane is your only choice of fuel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So where do i get this

Hi guys,

I live in Los Angeles, and i tried to find the springs online but i have no luck. do any of you know how to get them. i actually am looking for any type of suspension upgrade that can help the car go a bit better on corners.

I actually race car (BMW Z4) and i have seen the way the coupe ride at its limit and i feel really bad when i pass them on a turn. so know that i have one, i don't what to get passed by people with cars that cost half or a third of my car.

I have a 03 Coupe CC...

Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I didn't know Leo Nardo springs fit the skyhook cars. In this case if anyone needs some I have access to Leo Nardo products and can pass along a maseratiforum discount.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kevin, i talk to you today. i hope you sent me the email so i can order this things. thanks man...

·
Registered
202 Posts
i still have to place the order but i have a local guy that fixes all of my cars. he rules, and the best thing is that if he thinks he could get into any trouble he actually tells you. very honest.

·
Registered
681 Posts
willie said:
Kevin, i talk to you today. i hope you sent me the email so i can order this things. thanks man...
Willy,

I sent you an email right after I made the post. Check your junk folder just in case, I'm going to resend it right after I make this post.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
835 Posts
willie said:
i still have to place the order but i have a local guy that fixes all of my cars. he rules, and the best thing is that if he thinks he could get into any trouble he actually tells you. very honest.
an honest mechanic?!! that's new, especially here in LA. I've got to meet this person.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Should also be able to tell around corners with the sport button off and on. Also should be able to tell under heavy accelaration and breaking if the nose dives or kicks up. IMHO, non-Skyhook is the way to go anyways. I don't think I've ever used the car with the sport button off, both for shifting and spring tension reasons.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts