Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my GT back from the body shop! Had a sport trunk lid installed and it turned out fantastic! They blended the panels and buffed to a mirror shine. Its amazing how different it makes the rear look!
20201115_191009.jpg 20201115_190955.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good! What was the cost of the sport trunk lid and install if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all! The lid was $750 plus $150 shipping. Then the paint and blend was $1200. You want a higher end shop to do this work. I have a "paint guy" that did some work on my wifes Jeep...$250 a panel. But its box cutter work.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I got my GT back from the body shop! Had a sport trunk lid installed and it turned out fantastic! They blended the panels and buffed to a mirror shine. Its amazing how different it makes the rear look!
View attachment 134550 View attachment 134551
Very sweet indeed!

Love those quad tips too, actually my favorite look on the rear of the GT!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,523 Posts
Very sweet indeed!

Love those quad tips too, actually my favorite look on the rear of the GT!
I agree also. I hate those oval tips on the GT-S. I don't understand why Maserati went with that design.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,647 Posts
Actually I like them, they’re very elegant and arguably consistent with the aesthetics of a luxury GT, I just happen to prefer the quad set up. ( and I don‘t like the center MC ones at all, but this is all subjective .. )

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Actually I like them, they’re very elegant and arguably consistent with the aesthetics of a luxury GT, I just happen to prefer the quad set up. ( and I don‘t like the center MC ones at all, but this is all subjective .. )
Yeah that center set-up on the MC was a deal breaker for me, never was a fan of that look.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,523 Posts
The dual center exhausts originally came from the MC Trofeo GT racing cars.

Personally, I like the look.....gives it more of a sporty "Italian" feel. (If you look at some of the current Ferrari's and Lambo's, they also have dual center exhausts....488, Pista, F8, Huracan). At the very least, the center exhausts makes it so that you can distinguish which GT is a true MC (and not a "fake" MC with add-on vents and scoops).

It's just too bad the look also didn't come with more hp.

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
561 Posts
The center exhaust looks good but the side ones look fine too. I chose the MC for the spoiler and side fender gills without chrome more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,647 Posts
BTW, I posted a question on the “exhausting compilation of exhausts“ thread ( maybe more appropriate there ) , wondering if it’s an effortless project to replace the oval tips with the quad ones .. FYI - just in case you guys might know the answer to what I asked there .. thx .

·
Registered
421 Posts
BTW, I posted a question on the “exhausting compilation of exhausts“ thread ( maybe more appropriate there ) , wondering if it’s an effortless project to replace the oval tips with the quad ones .. FYI - just in case you guys might know the answer to what I asked there .. thx .
It would be nothing for a muffler shop.

·
Super Moderator
4,509 Posts
Well it's rear boxes, so it's not cheap but it's sure simple

C

1 - 18 of 18 Posts