Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive in Sport mode all the time, but sometimes I wish the suspension was softer when driving around town. I've tried switching to Normal mode but I hate how the shifting is.

How big of a deal it would be to unplug the Shifting wires from the Sport button so it would only change the suspension and not the shifting, keeping it always in Sport?

Jeff?

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
Niteroi,

Unfortunately that's not going to work... the line goes to a relay and then to the ECU. From what I've seen, there is no easy way to seperate the two at this point as the decisions are made in the ECU.

We are working on a Suspension Control Module... it's still in development so I'll have to say that you'll need to wait a bit more for a better solution. With that said, we are working on it.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
while you are at it, may be a separate control for the sport mode exhaust as well.
(perhaps that is easiest to do, to override it at the control level of the vacuum line/flap)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Personally, i'd prefer a softer suspension in "Normal" mode, because thats what i use for every day driving and the current setting is just too stiff. When i'm driving in "Sport" mode, i don't mind because i've made sure i'm in the perfect road.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Shift Points In Normal Mode

I use normal mode most of the time. I find the shifting to be good. However I had to experiment with two things to get the result I like:

1) Off the line I like to give the throttle a solid punch. Not all the way to the floor, but a quick jump in the revs well above idle. In traffic the car will jump so I do have to wait a bit for the vehicle in front of me to get down the road.

2) My target revs for shifting in higher gear are 4,000 or higher. It seems to me as if the transmission actually shifts better at or above 4,000.

Is this the same way you drive?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use normal mode most of the time. I find the shifting to be good. However I had to experiment with two things to get the result I like:

1) Off the line I like to give the throttle a solid punch. Not all the way to the floor, but a quick jump in the revs well above idle. In traffic the car will jump so I do have to wait a bit for the vehicle in front of me to get down the road.

2) My target revs for shifting in higher gear are 4,000 or higher. It seems to me as if the transmission actually shifts better at or above 4,000.

Is this the same way you drive?
Yes. But only in Sport mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts