Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 coupe with skyhook.Unfortunatly the sport mode resets to normal mode after switching off the engine , is there any way round this? I have been told this is not the case for 05 and earlier models??:confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I am not sure, but do you have it in auto mode as well? In my GS owner manual, it says the auto mode will overrule the Sport mode whenever the two systems conflict (not sure when it'd be the case TBH).

So perhaps, if you have both on at the time to turn off your car, the system only remembers auto.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can confirm that it does not switch off when I stop my '03 Coupe GT, remaining in sport mode. Hope this helps.

Regards

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
'06 GS stays in sport...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2006 coupe with skyhook.Unfortunatly the sport mode resets to normal mode after switching off the engine , is there any way round this? I have been told this is not the case for 05 and earlier models??:confused:
My '05 CC Spyder always reverts to normal mode after shutting off engine in sport mode.(Car has Skyhook)

·
Registered
47 Posts
My '05 GS stays wherever it was when shut off. It's supposed (per dealer) to have the latest software, so maybe that's what determines it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies, i suspect it is a software issue in the 05/06 coupe GT, its a real pain as i enjoy the sport mode:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
06 stays in sport unless it's for longer than 3 days without a start. I have been meaning to post on this. Must be a computer glitch. It's just as simple to repress it back into sport mode, but it should stay.

On the same note, how long does the GS engine light remain on at start-up for you guys? Mine is about 30sec. I figure it is a self test and I do nothing until it goes out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My '04 CC restarts in Normal mode everytime. The manual says that it should remember Sport mode but it does not. I brought it to the dealer to get 'fixed' and they told me nothing was wrong after trying the exercise on several cars they had in stock which all behaved the same as mine.

Maybe it depends on what year the car is and if its a Coupe/Spyder or a GS?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts