Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Becker radio in my 2006 GS takes a really long time (maybe 10-15 seconds) to shift from AM to FM or vice versa after I push the button. I tried putting the car in "Sport Mode" and it only improved the radio's shift times a little bit. ;)

Does anyone out there know a trick to get the radio to shift reception modes more quickly? Maybe an aftermarket kit?

TIA,

Deane

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the becker unit is terrible. not only am-fm, but also just switching cd tracks with the 3 second delay..... as well, the source sometimes switch by itself after power off.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine once made a funny "thwp" sound while i was listening to 88.5MHz. After the odd sound, the radio continued playing, but the display said "88500 KHz". I suppose the factory test engineers are more interested in the car than the radio.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Perhaps you should consider the lightweight tuning knob option - sounds as if too much unsprung weight is reducing tuning performance.:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other really cool :mad: thing about the Becker radio is that it's screen polarization is built exactly cross to the direction used in polarized sunglasses, so it always appears completely black. Every other radio I've had got it right.

The basic problem could be the unspring weight, or maybe it just needs to be lowered an inch. I'm going to wait 4 more years until its warranty expires, then watch out, poseurs!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally fingered it out... to force the Becker to make the switch from AM to FM or vice versa in only a few seconds:

1) Press the aerial button
2) Select AM or FM
3) (secret trick) Press the aerial button again

Maybe this trick will work to switch CD tracks faster too (press the CD button again after selecting the track), haven't tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts