Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 GS with 10K miles is making a sound , I think coming from driver's rear wheel, that is akin to the sound a failing CV joint makes....a clicking sound with acceleration only. Brought it to the attention of the dealer, they said it is the spline, it is very commn, and of no significance. Have others heard this? If a spline is clicking upon acceleration that makes me think something is slipping and is of concern. Thoughts would be appreciated (as always).
Thanks.
Rob

·
Registered
824 Posts
My '06 GS with 10K miles is making a sound , I think coming from driver's rear wheel, that is akin to the sound a failing CV joint makes....a clicking sound with acceleration only. Brought it to the attention of the dealer, they said it is the spline, it is very commn, and of no significance. Have others heard this? If a spline is clicking upon acceleration that makes me think something is slipping and is of concern. Thoughts would be appreciated (as always).
Thanks.
Rob
I have a noise there but it is over bumps, I think it is a ball joint. Do you get it going on and off the gas?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only when accelerating, and the frequency increases as the speed increases.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not gonna believe what fixed my noise...

I also had a noise I was hearing while driving over small bumps and cracks on NJ roads. Took it to the dealer, no luck they tightened everything up underneath and could not hear anything... At another visit they replaced my drivers side window motor for the second time. As soon as it was replaced the noise that I thought was a bushing or something along the suspension line, is gone.

Now I notice a slight whistle or squealing like sound when I accelerate in second gear after slowing down or coasting around a turn or through a stop. RPMs are very low when I hear this noise. Is this normal?

Does this noise have anything to do with the spline? And pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a spline?

Thanks.
CM

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks.
Rob
have the same noise since day one though only occurrs when squeezing the gas pedal from stationary.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also had a noise I was hearing while driving over small bumps and cracks on NJ roads. Took it to the dealer, no luck they tightened everything up underneath and could not hear anything... At another visit they replaced my drivers side window motor for the second time. As soon as it was replaced the noise that I thought was a bushing or something along the suspension line, is gone.

Now I notice a slight whistle or squealing like sound when I accelerate in second gear after slowing down or coasting around a turn or through a stop. RPMs are very low when I hear this noise. Is this normal?

Does this noise have anything to do with the spline? And pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a spline?

Thanks.
CM
Spline is akin to a gear, and the noise or clicking is what you would imagine if that gear was slipping when it interfaced with another gear.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No takers on both Ferrarichat and maseratilife forum.....
I can only assume that it isn't as common as the dealer would like me to believe. If anyone has heard of this please post, as it may be important next time I'm at the dealer.
Mas. of Minn any thoughts?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
if it is the noise i think you are talking about, then i have it too...

when i press the gas from a stop, on occassions ill hear a "tweww[weeweewee]"

i never thought much of it. in fact i sorta like it :]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. The car is driving beautifully right now, but if it worsens I will mention it to my dealer (nicely, so far they have been outstanding in service).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts