Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been really cold here in the DC area for the last few days and I'm having a heck of a time keeping the rear end from breaking loose under hard acceleration since installing the DBW (MSP off). My theory is that the combination of the cold asphalt and cold tires (P-Zero Rosso) reduces road surface 'stickiness'. First couple of times it completely took me by surprise and was embarrassing because there was traffic around and it looked like I was the Italian pr*ck in the Maserati showing off (but I wasn't). I'm breaking the back out in all gears up to fourth. Roads are completely dry too. I can't wait till the spring :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most sport tires arent rated for temps much lower than 32 degrees F. If you are going to run in the winter think about doing a snow tire or more of at multi season tire in the winter. You will get better traction in the snow and cold.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
And turn back on the MSP! At least for now...;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
You're running summer tires in the winter. That's very bad for handling/traction at temps below 32f. I've been very satisfied with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires in the cold weather. I don't plan to drive in snow but I don't like flipping the tail out whenever I accelerate from a turn.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Try switching the DBWEM you installed to the less aggressive setting. You'll spin the tires less if that's what you're really after! Once the weather gets warmer, you'll be able to step it back up.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Try switching the DBWEM you installed to the less aggressive setting. You'll spin the tires less if that's what you're really after! Once the weather gets warmer, you'll be able to step it back up.
I have the same problem here in Colorado!! If it's below about 40 degree's the back end break's lose in the same gears if I put my foot into it... The tires are very hard and just have no grip what so ever on dry pavement at that temperature but it does scare the heck out of guys driving vette's and other "hot" cars... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts