1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i notice different speedometer layouts
blue and then the one with bigger numbers
what year changes this?
because i found 2015 MC and it has blue speedo and i expected the one with bigger and updated layout
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blue speedo is on 2015 maserati MC
also another stage thing was no air bag in the doors
i remember seeing Grand tuismo with side air bags in the doors

i test drove today and i have a hard time to decide if i should trade my Alfa romeo 4C for it
i use to own 2010 quatroporte GTS and i feel 2015 Grand truism MC is same car
quatroporte GTS was lower and felt bit more noble

·
Registered
690 Posts
blue speedo is on 2015 maserati MC
also another stage thing was no air bag in the doors
i remember seeing Grand tuismo with side air bags in the doors
Do you have a picture of this? Very interesting to read.

No air bags....is that legal in USA in 2015?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think what you might be referring to is the Centennial edition....It was a special run of about a 100 cars I believe and was trimmed uniquely. For whatever reason, they chose to use the blue speedo from the Sport instead of the black speedo from the MC SportLine trim. Below is an example...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think what you might be referring to is the Centennial edition....It was a special run of about a 100 cars I believe and was trimmed uniquely. For whatever reason, they chose to use the blue speedo from the Sport instead of the black speedo from the MC SportLine trim. Below is an example...

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad someone brought this up. I have not really been able to figure out a rhyme or reason to this.. it seems that it comes with the MC package (that you can get on the GTS) and it doesn't even need to be an actual GT MC (I have seen MC's without this speedo). I have been trying to source this speedo because I hate the blue one but it appears they are virtually impossible to find. Might ask the dealer next time I am in. If anyone does find one for sale please post it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm glad someone brought this up. I have not really been able to figure out a rhyme or reason to this.. it seems that it comes with the MC package (that you can get on the GTS) and it doesn't even need to be an actual GT MC (I have seen MC's without this speedo). I have been trying to source this speedo because I hate the blue one but it appears they are virtually impossible to find. Might ask the dealer next time I am in. If anyone does find one for sale please post it!
Mine is in the process of getting warrantied out at the Dealer because the temp gauge doesnt work. I can hook you up with my Service writer who is handling it. Mine was a 3 week back order from Italy. The Black MC. Mine is a GTS with Sportline package.

Chris

·
Registered
428 Posts
I agree with you on that blue speedo, I didn't care for it either...was actually a deal breaker for me when I was shopping for my Masi! I much prefer my MC version.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Is this the MC one ? I like the lighting display, but not crazy about the plain black and white daytime look of the panel. But then again I have a blue GT, so I love my blue dial instrumentation 🙂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is in the process of getting warrantied out at the Dealer because the temp gauge doesnt work. I can hook you up with my Service writer who is handling it. Mine was a 3 week back order from Italy. The Black MC. Mine is a GTS with Sportline package.

Chris
Well it’s good to hear that they do exist! haha. Any idea what the out of pocket charge on one is? I’m assuming not if it’s warranty work.. also I’m curious what the process is like to switch out a whole gauge cluster. I’m assuming there is some serious programming work that would need to be done. Anyone know??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you on that blue speedo, I didn't care for it either...was actually a deal breaker for me when I was shopping for my Masi! I much prefer my MC version.
it would have been a deal breaker for me if I knew the other one existed at the time of purchase! I shoulda done more digging but whatever, still love the car! Definitely trying to find one though.. I’m guessing it’s gonna cost me an arm and a leg tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts