Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How accurate are the speedo's on these coupes? 80 mph gets here awfully quick, and the car seems so stable at 80 it makes me wonder am I getting false information or is the car so quick and stable it just screams to be driven fast?

Really. . .does anyone have an idea of how accurate the speedometers are? :cool:

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm guessing mine is overestimating speed by around 10mph at 60-70 and about 12mph when the speedo reads 95+. I drove from Orlando to Naples with the speedo reading 95+ the whole way and still got passed by a few peeps. I was probably going closer to 83-85 I think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if we'll be able to get a consensus or not?

Also, have you ever noticed how when you pass people in the Maser, they kind of speed up, like, they want to get a better look at what it was that just passed them! Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems that way. ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
My QP shows speedometer reads about 4% too fast. A good way to check is do a mile or two on the freeway with cruise on. THen compare speedo to a portable GPS device; like the Garmin Nuvi 350. It calculates speed between two points down to a few feet; so over say two miles the error is insignificant.

Good move by Maserati; gets the warranty period over more quickly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My coupe speedo is about 5% faster than it actually is. I think the odometer is off too. Now I put 295 tires on the back, the speedo is only about 2%off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Accurate to within 2% based on a GPS device. Deviating from standard wheel/tire size, will affect accuracy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Accurate to within 2% based on a GPS device. Deviating from standard wheel/tire size, will affect accuracy.
I'm running with the wheels and tires that came with it. It's an '05 CC Coupe with the 18" wheels and, I assume, the original tires that were still on the car when I bought it as it only had 4200 miles on the odometer.

I guess the car is just blinding fast, because, like I said, 60 gets here awfully fast!

·
Registered
530 Posts
We've got those radar "Your Speed Is" signs in several locations around town. they generally read 30-35 and the Speedo reads 40-42.

·
Registered
73 Posts
one thing ive noticed is the "stopping pin" that is normally at 0mph with cars is at 10 for me...
I just noticed the same thing. Both the speedo and odometer clocks on mine don't zero. The speedo needles starts at 10mph even at a stop. Anyone else have this problem or know the cause/fix?

Best -

Bill

:confused:

·
Registered
722 Posts
The speedo is constructed to work that way, "as designed" as we say in engineering circles.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
2 miles per hour fast...

According to my GPS my speedo is 2 miles an hour fast at 40, 50, 60 and 70 MPH. It is also the same at 90..

·
Registered
312 Posts
So anybody had a non-warranted failure within a few thousand miles of the mileage warranty expiration? Maybe your warranty hadn't really expired after all?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I notice about a 5% difference between the trip odometer miles and the miles reported by the trip screen on the headunit. I reset both each time I gas up, and the mileage reported by both does not match.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would assume..

that the error will increase as the tyres wear down and the rolling radius decreases. Can't be bothered working it out though !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts