Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new Alpine stereo installed in my '05 GS, after which the speedo seldom worked. About 1 out of 15 times I start it up, it does work. The local Maz dealer thought it was the speedo and replaced it, but it's still the same. His suggestion was to go back to the stereo installer and have him look for a disconnected or inadequately patched (e.g. Scotchlock) speed sensor wire.

Anyone know anything about this? I've read several posts on this forum about replacing stereos. Is this a problem anyone else has had or heard of?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I had a new Alpine stereo installed in my '05 GS, after which the speedo seldom worked. About 1 out of 15 times I start it up, it does work. The local Maz dealer thought it was the speedo and replaced it, but it's still the same. His suggestion was to go back to the stereo installer and have him look for a disconnected or inadequately patched (e.g. Scotchlock) speed sensor wire.

Anyone know anything about this? I've read several posts on this forum about replacing stereos. Is this a problem anyone else has had or heard of?
I personally NEVER wear speedos.... This is a good thing! :cool:
As for the stereo upgrade, it's entirely possible a harness was tapped into that included the speedo wire, which has become intermittent. I agree with the dealer; have the installer check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts