Maserati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
All this talk about excessive speed, I find that the highways near Fresno are in such poor conditions I am almost scared going 70 mph much of the time. The idea of exceeding 100 on these roads is kind of frightening, to say nothing of the crowding of the traffic. But in general on the rare occasions in my life when I've gone 120 mph I have noticed that normal highway undulations feel like large bumps wanting the car to get airborne. American roads are not smooth and flat enough to go faster than 120 with any margin of safety, no matter what your car is capable of.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yup. I’ve only driven once or twice in other states but the conditions of Ca highways are pathetic . You take your life in your hands driving at triple digit speeds here.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Maybe California can combine our two future goals of high-speed rail and going to the moon. The train tracks will be so poorly laid that the train will take off and reach escape velocity!

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A post from one of the members on the Porsche forum in response to a thread on " post your car's best photo "

" Some of us have our cars regularly photographed by those cameras attached to the traffic signals ! And they never seem to get my good side " >:)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts