Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very seriously considering buying a QP but I have a question about the leather and trim. Last year I noticed they discontinued covering the instrument "hood" with leather. I just went to the dealer to look at a 2007 QP and saw that they have discontinued covering the whole instrument panel with leather. When I mentioned this to my sales person, he said that for an additional $6000 I could get the special Poltrona Frau leather that would not only cover these parts but also the tops of the doors. In a car like a QP I think I'd have a fetish about having these parts covered in leather.
Does anyone know if this these parts of the car are covered with leather when you get this special leather package? And additionally, what 6 colors does this special leather package come in?
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also have a gripe with that. I noticed the absence of stitching of the hood of the instrument panel. However, I reckon it may be due to reasons such as durability and longevity of the material. That part of the interior receives a lot of the sun, so maybe they replaced it so that it can last longer.

I never knew that the instrument panel was covered with leather though, can you show me a picture?

I don't know much about Poltrona Frau's upgrade, though I'm sure others here can help. ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the delete of the leather instrument hood is disappointing.
further, it appears that they have implemented a new color scheme to what is 'standard' - the top of the dash does not necessarily match the top of the doors now.

i have not seen the soft poltrona frau leather. i tried to order mine with it but it was the earliest production - so either it was not available then or the dealer screwed up.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I posted about this on the almost duplicate thread of this.

Here is a dirty scan of the build guide for the new QPs which shows how the different option areas fit together.

I'll start a new thread in a couple days, after I get all of this information together, and some better scans.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Optional Leather

I ordered the optional interior and it is beautiful. The dash is leather in fact there is leather everywhere including top of doors and rear shelf. The leather is softer and the ceiling area is Alcantra. I picked couio sella (dark tan) with a blue dash, steering wheel, rear deck and contrasting blue stiching on the tan. The exterior I special ordered in Pozzi Blue (midnight blue) a Ferrari color.
While the option is expensive $6000. it really gives the car a special feel.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
NeilF8888 said:
I ordered the optional interior and it is beautiful. The dash is leather in fact there is leather everywhere including top of doors and rear shelf. The leather is softer and the ceiling area is Alcantra. I picked couio sella (dark tan) with a blue dash, steering wheel, rear deck and contrasting blue stiching on the tan. The exterior I special ordered in Pozzi Blue (midnight blue) a Ferrari color.
While the option is expensive $6000. it really gives the car a special feel.
sounds very nice. can you please post some detail pictures of the interior.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
I posted about this on the almost duplicate thread of this.

Here is a dirty scan of the build guide for the new QPs which shows how the different option areas fit together.

I'll start a new thread in a couple days, after I get all of this information together, and some better scans.
i dont think the build guide has anything to do with the optional soft leather interior we are talking about. you can do the same customization in the regular leather.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Glenn Wallace said:
Was this ever an option on the coupe?
Nope, this is a new Quattroporte option

M! said:
i dont think the build guide has anything to do with the optional soft leather interior we are talking about. you can do the same customization in the regular leather.
you're right, but the build guide does specify the new zone layout for what parts match what (tops of doors matching main leather color vs. dash)

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 4200 has the leather dash and rear parcel shelf.

I think these cars should be awash with leather, they shouldnt be taking it out, they should be putting more in !

·
Registered
240 Posts
alera said:
My 4200 has the leather dash and rear parcel shelf.

I think these cars should be awash with leather, they shouldnt be takling it out, they should be putting more in !

The leather dash looks amazing! How does one clean it and protect it? just leather treatment? what brand are you using and are you using the same stuff for the seats and dash?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Here's the files.

I guess its hard to really see a difference besides the ruffling and a more supple appearance, how is the feel vs. standard leather?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The special leather option is definately softer (the standard leather is very stiff by comparison)but not glove soft by any means. It will hold up well I'm sure because they haven't overdone it.

The price also includes the Alcantra, leather door tops, leather dash, leather rear shelf, contrast stiching, color steering wheel and mine came with perferated seats but I'm not sure if it's part of that option.

My 599 leather is softer, the 430 is probably close to the Maserati with the special leather option.

If you want closups I'll be glad to forward them to you Larry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts