Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to obtain the original sticker for the 06 Maserati GranSport MC Victory that I purchased last week (thanks to Michael for the tip!!!). I noticed that one of the options listed was "Special Items" with a list price of $1,031.

Anyone know what was included in the "Special Items" option? Is this perhaps the fire extinguisher?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure but I can tell you that Maserati NA charges $239 for EACH Italian Flag that comes with the MCV.

I need il Tricolore on my car but I'll have to find a less expensive option. That is just too much to pay for what it is.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure but I can tell you that Maserati NA charges $239 for EACH Italian Flag that comes with the MCV.

I need il Tricolore on my car but I'll have to find a less expensive option. That is just too much to pay for what it is.
Regarding the Italian flag wing badges . . . you should ask Vungul here on the forum. He added some badges to his GS. Here is a photo of his car:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Maserati coupé

Those badges look like the ones available on Ebay but I'm not sure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silver-ITALIAN-FLAG-car-badge-ITALIA-FIAT-LANCIA-ALFA_W0QQitemZ200303404898QQihZ010QQcategoryZ72211QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I did a quick search and found these badges:

http://www.carcollectables.nl/UK/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d1.html

You can probably file off the bolt loops on the side.

Good luck.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was able to obtain the original sticker for the 06 Maserati GranSport MC Victory that I purchased last week (thanks to Michael for the tip!!!). I noticed that one of the options listed was "Special Items" with a list price of $1,031.

Anyone know what was included in the "Special Items" option? Is this perhaps the fire extinguisher?
Wayland, the black GS (non MCV) I went to look at in San Diego, shows "special items" on the window sticker of $2165! No idea what it's for though. :confused:

The fire extinguisher option is a flat $500, so it's definitely not that.

B.t.w....... mind sharing how you obtained the original window sticker.
I will be looking to get one as well.... :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Some colors are considered "special item" and the cost is around that amount.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wayland, the black GS (non MCV) I went to look at in San Diego, shows "special items" on the window sticker of $2165! No idea what it's for though. :confused:

The fire extinguisher option is a flat $500, so it's definitely not that.

B.t.w....... mind sharing how you obtained the original window sticker.
I will be looking to get one as well.... :D
Check this thread:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6187

It's really cool. I called and in exchange for your new owner information (they put you in their database) they will send you an electronic copy of the actual original window sticker. It's a really nice thing to have.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Regarding the Italian flag wing badges . . . you should ask Vungul here on the forum. He added some badges to his GS. Here is a photo of his car:

View attachment 3461

Those badges look like the ones available on Ebay but I'm not sure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silver-ITALIAN-FLAG-car-badge-ITALIA-FIAT-LANCIA-ALFA_W0QQitemZ200303404898QQihZ010QQcategoryZ72211QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I did a quick search and found these badges:

http://www.carcollectables.nl/UK/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d1.html

You can probably file off the bolt loops on the side.

Good luck.
I did get them on ebay, but the retailer I used is not longer there and can't confirm if the ones on your post are of the same quality. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
what options did your MCV have?
there weren't too many options on the MCV. mostly trims (alcantara vs leather) and accessories.
My MCV has the following options:

Powered Hi-Fi system $855
Carbon Kit MC Victory $2750
Special Items $1031
Stitching $225
Xenon Front Lights $1260

I've seen other stickers that list Skyhook as an option even though it was standard on all GranSports but it doesn't list it as an option on my MCV. I'm pretty sure I have Skyhook though since I have a Sport button. I also have the aluminum footrest which I think was an option and also painted brake calipers neither of which are listed as options. Perhaps I'll call Maserati NA and see if they can tell me what was included in the special items.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My MCV came with the following options:

Powered Hi-Fi System: $855
CD Changer: $810
Car Cover: $305
Park Distance Control: $635
Alluminium Passenger Foot-Rest: $650
Xenon Front Lights: $1260

Car also came with painted (red) brake calipers and Skyhook neither listed as options.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My MCV came with the following options:

Powered Hi-Fi System: $855
CD Changer: $810
Car Cover: $305
Park Distance Control: $635
Alluminium Passenger Foot-Rest: $650
Xenon Front Lights: $1260

Car also came with painted (red) brake calipers and Skyhook neither listed as options.
Curious. My car came with an aluminum _driver_ side foot-rest. See this pic:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle

What does the aluminum _passenger_ foot-rest look like? I do have an aluminum plate in the foot well on the passenger side but I'm not sure I would call it a foot-rest.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
from what i understand Skyhook was a standard option on the american GS (MY2005 2006). i.e. you can't find a GS without skyhook in the US. as well, red painted calipers should be 'standard' on the MCV.

the only thing i can think of that might be around that price is the rather useless Navigation on the GS if you have it, but it would have listed as 'navigation' instead of special item.

or, if you have the fire extinguisher, plus the foot rest, then it is close to $1031.

very mysterious. i actually love to see pics of your MCV's.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Footrest is OEM product

Paunch:

The passenger side aluminum footrest is a Maserati OEM product. I bought one for my 2003 Maser Coupe CC and it really lends a "sporty" look to the passenger side. I also purchased and installed the OEM accelerator and brake pedals. Lastly, I purchased and installed the aftermarket driver foot rest which differs a bit from the one pictured in that mine does not wrap around. These driver footrests are NOT OEM, but do look nice. I believe the OEM passenger footrest cost me about $200 from the dealer (came with aluminum screws and nuts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts