Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Ed has been telling us all to get the Denso Iridium IU24 plugs (stock number 5362)

The plugs are about $12.00 (plus tax) each + some insane shipping cost on most sites... So they will be ~$96 + $25 shipping...

I have found a place by my house that sells them for $10 each (that is including the tax!)... But i need to buy at least 20 of them...

Who here wants to join in and get some super spark plugs for wholesale?

If you dont live in LA, i can ship them for you for the cost of shipping (ie, no "handling charges")

I just want to get plugs for cheaper, and pass it along :)

-ali

·
Registered
722 Posts
9.95 shipping via UPS ground, no tax.

Just bought my set of 8, hope they are indeed miracle plugs.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeppers....

That's their list price but you usually get a disount at check out... I ended up at $88.00 even with shipping about two months ago...

·
Registered
835 Posts
86.6 = 10 bucks a pop + tax and don't have to wait...I would still go with MB :D

MB you are bringing them to my place, right?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys...

We have 16 so far... So we need at least 1 more person (ie, 8 plugs) to get in on the deal...

If you go to the la maser drives this is an even better deal... No shipping.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm in for a set of 8. Let me know the cost of shipping to 22936 and how you want to handle the money. Paypal? I need the plugs anyway so I might as well help out the group. I feel like I can trust a Maserati brother.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i just emailed you,

count me in... :D :D :D :D
-willie

·
Registered
722 Posts
Did MaseratiBoy come through yet? My clubplug IU24's just arrived on UPS (cute little buggers), will put them in soon.

I must say there are very exciting graphics on the box. I can feel the power already.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hype or real advantage?

Hi,

I am very interested in these plugs, but when I asked the Maser dealer about them, they suggested there was little advantage in them. (Not sure exactly what their issue was with them) I accept they will have a very biased opinion, but still, it begs the question, is there any evidence that "upgrading" the plugs will make a noticeable improvement in a QP? The question then also is, if so, why would Maserati (or anyone else who builds performance vehicles) not spend the trivial extra money on a relatively expensive car in the first place?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. I remember the heyday of magic sparkplug ads in the early 70's.

But I figured might as well give them a try.

Let's do a poll in a couple weeks once the results are in.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Actually, I have a slight hope that the Denso plugs will smooth up my idle a tad (dealer says it's normal) due to their wider gap. The sharper tip and resulting higher field strength nearby should keep them firing OK.

A too-wide gap would cause misfiring at high rpm's.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So I've got my Denso iridium plugs, and am planning to invest a couple of hours this weekend to install them in my 06 GS (6K miles on factory plugs).

Did any of you guys ever install those plugs into your car? If so,

1) Was there any noticeable difference in performance, etc?

2) How many miles were on your old plugs?

TIA,

Deane

·
Registered
660 Posts
So I've got my Denso iridium plugs, and am planning to invest a couple of hours this weekend to install them in my 06 GS (6K miles on factory plugs).

Did any of you guys ever install those plugs into your car? If so,

1) Was there any noticeable difference in performance, etc?

2) How many miles were on your old plugs?

TIA,

Deane
In my own experience, Denso plugs are way ahead the NGK in terms of performance.

Others experienced the same... see http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2693

I do change oil + plugs on a yearly basis (about 7-8K miles use/year); never had a problem with the Denso although I was told they will last somewhat less (not much) than the NGKs, but the increase in performance is well worth it.

You won't be dissapointed.

Whilst in the US in August I bought a set from Clubplug... made $$$ savings on UK prices...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts