Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. looking to see if anyone else has spacers on their front wheels.. I have a 2010 GTS with 20" inch Giovanni's and extreme low profile tires .. I had a bent rim which was causing a wobble at about 80mph...the dealer noticed it.. any brought it to a wheel shop and had it straightened out.. I have had three different wheel shops re balance the front tires but still have a shimmy ...sometimes at 30 to 40 mph.. but always at 70 to 80 mph.. is it the nature of low profile tires to do that or do you think something else might be going on..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone.. looking to see if anyone else has spacers on their front wheels.. I have a 2010 GTS with 20" inch Giovanni's and extreme low profile tires .. I had a bent rim which was causing a wobble at about 80mph...the dealer noticed it.. any brought it to a wheel shop and had it straightened out.. I have had three different wheel shops re balance the front tires but still have a shimmy ...sometimes at 30 to 40 mph.. but always at 70 to 80 mph.. is it the nature of low profile tires to do that or do you think something else might be going on..
Yeah your wheel spacers might not be hub centric. Maybe remove them and see if the problem goes away.
Thank you ..that will be my next attempt.. do they have spacers that are centric.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts