Maserati Forum banner

Spacers on the front wheels?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gilbert Giles 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.. looking to see if anyone else has spacers on their front wheels.. I have a 2010 GTS with 20" inch Giovanni's and extreme low profile tires .. I had a bent rim which was causing a wobble at about 80mph...the dealer noticed it.. any brought it to a wheel shop and had it straightened out.. I have had three different wheel shops re balance the front tires but still have a shimmy ...sometimes at 30 to 40 mph.. but always at 70 to 80 mph.. is it the nature of low profile tires to do that or do you think something else might be going on..

#8 ·
I have the H&R spacers on my 2008 Gran Turismo. They make the car look GREAT!!! BUT, when I hit a patch of rough pavement it pulls to the side that's hitting the rough pavement. This makes the car feel really unstable. I love the way the spacers look but the handling is awful! Would replacing the H&R spacers with the Formula Dynamics spacers make any improvement for this pulling? It seems like the FD spacers are made for Maserati where the H&R might not be and thus not hub centric as suggested above. Anyone in the know on this?

#10 ·
I had BONOSS wheel spacers 20mm on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever.
Maybe you can try what I installed.

They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.