Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have seen and read accounts of animals eating the wiring of cars because of the renewable (green) wiring used in some new cars. I didn't think about it until I began taking Christmas lights down last week. My wife had replaced all our lighting this year with new led type lights, and as I was taking them down, I discovered that all of the strands had been eaten by squirrels. My yard is littered with bulbs and remnants of wire. So if parking lot artists, idiot drivers, kids in barbwire pants taking selfies on the hoods of cars aren't enough, now we get to defend our cars from the wildlife wanting to eat them. Does anyone know if Maserati used soy based electrical wire in our cars? Have any of you had this happen? For the guys who fix these for a living, have any of you had to repair wiring eaten by rodents? Am I being Chicken Little? Comments please. Ed

3,436 Posts
I have fixed a good bit of rodent damage, but never on a Maserati...I don't think it matters if it is soy based or not..They'll eat about anything...A lot of the problems I have seen are lake houses or 2nd homes and they have a dog and don't store the food correctly...That just sets everything in motion...The rats come and have food and need a place to store it...Your car..lol...Jason

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
When I lived in Arizona I noticed many neighbors, who parked their cars outside, kept there hoods open. I learned that was to deter pack rats from taking up residence and eating their wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts