Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

I have sent out an email to everyone who asked to be informed, but I decided to take it upon myself to make a post here, just in case people were left out!

Andrew (the creator of MaseratiLife) and Jeff (the head of Formula Dynamics) will both possibly be joining us!

We will be meeting THIS Sunday (The 27th of April) at 8AM at the Starbucks located at:

26802 The Old Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91382

If anyone is "on the fence"... Dont be... It will be amazing!

-Ali

PS: Anyone who comes on this ride can also test out my car (Modified by Jeff and Formula Dynamics)... It is a totally different beast!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
For all you guys who were unsure about the sound of the Larini... Ali has the X-pipe and Mufflers on his car, along with the Drive By Wire, ECM, SS Brake Lines, Performance Springs, etc... I'm sure he'll let you sneak a peak.

I hope to make it as well, we have a track event that I'm trying to work around... It sounds like a blast, I love group drives and it's always fun to drive through the canyons in a pack of 20 or so Maserati's, really turns heads. Bring your wife or a friend and head on out!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Wish I could join you guys - group drives are great and being able to see/test all the mods is a great opportunity. Just don't think I can make the run from NY and be back the next day - what's the current cannonball run record ? 39 hours ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
There is a F1 race that morning I will have to work around. I'll see if it is doable.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Isn't that what DVR's are for? I never get to actually watch those races as they air, I'm always out doing something. I end up watching them at 11pm during the weeknights.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's a little far for me, but would love to go if you have one a little further south.

Eric

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ha!, I once drove half way across Brazil, with no GP tickets in hand, no idea where Interlagos was (other than outside Sao Paulo), in the middle of the night to catch the F1 race in '99.

I sat in the bleachers in the rain at Indianapolis 2000 to watch Schumi take the win.

I almost had to fly to Venice today to work out some business issues - which meant I could have stopped by Spain this weekend to see the race in person, but unfortunately I fixed everything by phone. Dammit!

So short answer, Jeff, is NO!. :) I watch it live - even if by T.V.

BTW, for those that don't live in the immediate, surrounding 100 mile radius of the Starbucks in question - like me... The actual address is

Starbucks
26802 the Old Road
Valencia, CA 91381

makes it a little easier to Google Earth don't ya know.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I'll be there as well as another of my team, Larry. It should be fun. We're planning on installing at least one Drive By Wire Enhancement Module while we're there.

Bcube, watching the race live is best but... I'm a sucker for driving myself so if the opportunity arrises, I'll go for the real thing, then watch the pros later; Maybe we need to get a few guys a home theater in their Maseratis so that they can watch the race from the car ;)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Awesome! I am stoked about tomorrow and will be leaving SF in about 2 hours to head down there. See you guys tomorrow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How long will everyone hang out at Starbucks and where are you headed from there? I have my car back (finally after a 2+ month ordeal), and would like to meet up with you guys, especially if Jeff and the FD crew will be there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
how was the drive?

sorry i had to leave early and missed the drive. But i am glad i was able to come in to meet the group.
waiting eagerly for the pictures/video/details....

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
sorry i had to leave early and missed the drive. But i am glad i was able to come in to meet the group.
waiting eagerly for the pictures/video/details....
Overall the day was awesome, great to meet everyone. We did have one very unfortunate accident mid-way but everyone is OK.

I will put together some video during the week and upload it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Overall the day was awesome, great to meet everyone. We did have one very unfortunate accident mid-way but everyone is OK.

I will put together some video during the week and upload it.
it was great meeting you in person. a great drive but a scorching hot day.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
It was a great event... very fun to meet many of our customers and forum personalities first hand. Excellent people, beautiful cars, perfect weather, a very fun set of roads.

We left Vegas at around 2:30am towing our our Gransport on a flatbed behind our trusty Porsche Cayenne S to head out to the event. Met up with everyone in Valencia, CA and made our way through some beautiful countryside with some exciting driving. Unfortunately my passenger got a bit car sick after testing our suspension on some very tight, fast turns. We pulled over to let him unload some of his coffee that wasn't sitting well in his stomach ( you know for weight savings ;) ) Some dramamine helped a bit however we were destined for a more relaxing drive after that.

One participant had an *event* however I believe that he's OK and will be back on another drive soon enough. You've got to take the good with the bad sometimes. These things can happen to any of us.

The caravan continued the drive and ended up at a very nice place in Ojai, CA to eat and wind down. The food and atmosphere was excellent. Our very cute australian waitress even told us we sucked for giving her a $2 tip on a $250 meal... turns out she didn't know about the already factored in 20% gratuity. ooops! She did appologize in tears though. I guess we all just have that effect on people!

We ended the day by installing an ECM and Drive By Wire in the parking lot on a customers car who was very happy with the result to say the least.

Overall a great trip, you can count on us to join the crew again soon.

I have a little video as well and may post a bit of it when I have the time to get it on the computer.

Thanks to all

-- Jeff

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great to meet everyone for the drive. It was great fun, even though I had to cut out after the first leg. Hope the mishap wasn't major, and everyone is ok. Look forward to seeing you all again next time!

George

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.