Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now have owned my 2003 Coupe GT for 24 hours--its absolutely amazing! I purchased it from Foreign Cars Italia with 15k on the clock. Are there any other members in Greenville, SC?? I would love to meet up and talk about the car and go for a drive!

·
Registered
38 Posts
just down the street

Welcome to the group Paul! I'm down the road in simpsonville, and frequently cruise 276 and the blue ridge parkway. There seem to be a couple others in the near vicinity (charlotte, atlanta, etc.), hopefully they'll chime in as well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in meeting up, i'm always game for a good cruise!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome to the Maserati Family!!!!

Ali is the most helpful guy here, I on the other hand, am more of the trouble maker... You will never own another car as sweet as a Maserati.... My wife calls my Maserati my mistress!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome Paulkountz!!!

I live in Sumter, SC and have owned my '02 Coupe' since I purchased it new from Maserati of Central Florida in 2002 and drove it all the way home! It has given me great service. Recently I had the Cambriocorsa transmission serviced and a Tubi exhaust added by European Road and Racing in North Charleston...great service and a decent price. I then had installed the Formula Dynamics Oil Filter, Denso Iridium plugs, Formula Dynamics brake pads and the ECU upgrade. Then the wheels were rebalanced, realigned and corner balanced. Oh, and I had all hoses, belts, and filters replaced (yes, the cabin filter also!). Everything mechanical on the car was completely checked and replaced and/or tuned. I have a 3M clear bra on the car also. A tech inspection was performed, all of this performed by Turner's Garage and Transmission in Sumter. Both garage owners are former race drivers, have been in business a long time. There work was excellent.

In 10 miles, I will have put 40k miles on the Coupe' and it is ready for a 'bit of track time. Tuesday is track day at Carolina Motorsports Park outside of Kershaw, SC and I plan to put it on the track for the first time!

I have loved this car and more today than yesterday. The modifications made I would heartily endorse. Formula Dynamics has produced fine products and Jeff has given great service. The two garages I mentioned do very fine work at fair prices. If anyone is interested they all have websites and can be googled.

Have a great time with your Maserati!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Visiting SC

I have several relatives living in SC and plan on a trip to visit them soon (probably the week after Mother's Day.) I'll enter SC at Westminster, visit Seneca and Clemson then head on to Columbia and finally go to Conway. As my plans firm up (if anybody is interested) I'll post a heads up here. I'm always happy to meet other Maserati enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live in Charleston, SC, but I get up towards Greenville frequently because my inlaws have a home in Tryon. I have an '02 Coupe with about 14K miles..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome Paul

Here in TN are a few good men! Dwight is "only" one of them!!
The Maserati Club is trying to get us all from TN, GA and Carolinas together,
We will definitely meet up in Spartanburg on October if not before.
Let us know when you head our way. Maseratikai

·
Registered
74 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. Just purchased a 2002 Spyder GT and brought it hone here to my garage in Greenville SC. Any locals still driving the Trident, let me know where you are. Drove mine on Route 9 near Black Mountain NC yesterday and achieved auto-nirvana.

I am also looking for a good independent mechanic around here. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. Just purchased a 2002 Spyder GT and brought it hone here to my garage in Greenville SC. Any locals still driving the Trident, let me know where you are. Drove mine on Route 9 near Black Mountain NC yesterday and achieved auto-nirvana.

I am also looking for a good independent mechanic around here. Any suggestions?
If you liked 9, another interesting road is Riverside Drive heading north out of Asheville towards Marshall. It parallels the French Broad River the whole way with some good twists. I haven't driven it in awhile, but it had a decent speed limit then. I drove a BMW and an Rx7 on it at various times and remember spots where you couldn't do the limit without losing it.

The road also passes by the old Craggy Prison, an old 30's style prison built into the side of a cliff, apparently abandoned now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad to see that there are neighbors nearby. I'm in Myrtle Beach and drive an 06 Spyder.

If and/or when you are in the area, let me know. Also, about every two months I ride with the Ferari group, a day trip Through the back woods of SC.

Dom

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you liked 9, another interesting road is Riverside Drive heading north out of Asheville towards Marshall. It parallels the French Broad River the whole way with some good twists. I haven't driven it in awhile, but it had a decent speed limit then. I drove a BMW and an Rx7 on it at various times and remember spots where you couldn't do the limit without losing it.

The road also passes by the old Craggy Prison, an old 30's style prison built into the side of a cliff, apparently abandoned now.
Hey thanks for the tip. I will get that way again and check it out.

My favorite in the past has been US 276 just below the NC/SC border, at Ceasar's Head. I used to take my RX-8 there whenever I could get away. A great ride with climbing elevation, some nasty hairpins, a lot of 2nd and 3rd gear. Went back that way two weeks ago with my Italian Mistress and loved it. Great view at the top too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you're up driving in NC, let me know and I'll meet up and go driving with you. Espeically if it's too cloudy to be skydiving!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome!!!

I have been on the forum for some time and I have owned my Coupe' since buying it new in Florida in 2002. The president of Maserati at that time sent me a nice letter acknowledging that I was the first registered Maserati in the state since Maserati returned to the U.S. Still have the car although it has a number of Formula Dyanamics modifications and a complete entertainment center rebuild. Oh, I live in Sumter and have a condo at Litchfield Beach and a cabin near Waynesville, N.C.

Hope you enjoy your "beauty"!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow. I've been lurking here since I bought my '02 Spyder over a year ago and I never noticed members so close. I'm also in Simpsonville. Unfortunately I haven't been driving mine much lately since the clutch has been acting up. I need to get it resolved soon. Hate to steal the thread, but who are you guys using for service?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm also looking for a local independent. Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro NC will trailer your car up from Charlotte. But I prefer to have a local source for some things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts