Maserati Forum banner

Sound system question

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ebrigham 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide bewteen buying a car with a "Auditorium" sound system and one without. Any experience? Is it worth $820? What exactly is the difference between the normal system and the "Auuditorium" system? Anybody did an aftermarket upgrade? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#4 ·
If you plan on upgrading in the future you have to go with the standard system, You cannot upgrade the "Auditorium" due to its integrated design. I went with the upgrade as I have no desire to have someone start ripping apart my brand new car to install a new system. And with Maserati's history of electrical gremlens, makes it even more a reason not to go aftermarket

#5 ·
Speaking of Tubi (Started a new post to help Andrews post total for this board) I am going to my dealer this weekend to hear a Tubi exhaust so I can decide if I want them to install when my car comes in. my original plan was to get car and drive a little before deciding but then found out I would have bring car back and leave car for a full day to get it installed, And my dealer is over an hour away so would be a pain going back a forth. I am very sure I will want it, So might as well have it on car when I pick it up. I had an after-market on my M3 and it only made that annoying rasp sound worse, But seems people are very happy with the Tubi. My only concern is how loud it will be in my garage, I go to work by 6 am and my bedroom is right over the garage and will probably piss my wife off

#6 ·
Same problem with my garage. My car have 53'000 km. I will not invest into new add-ons. I will wait for a new one. My dealer said me the Trofeo Stradale will be announced at the Geneva Show in March: sportier suspension, brakes, tires and interior, 150kg less (?!), 20hp more...
I have an option for the first car in Switzerland for July this year!

#7 ·
Thanks for the responses

I am probably going to get a Tubi anyway. I guess I will go without sound system as I seem to have more flexibility that way and also have not heard much compliments regarding the "auditorium" from owners, salepeople and also service advisors. They all seem to think they two are not much different.

#8 ·
Re: Thanks for the responses

Lionel,
My friend from Levallois saw the new car. It is called CGS and not trofeo stradale, it stands for Coupe Grand Sport.
It has 400hp, superb addons for the body, 19in wheels, nicer exhaust, sportier F1 shift, lighter but not sure about 150 kg which would be great, bucket seats but still useable rear seats, and unfortunately, it has a rear wing, but according to my friend, it's not too big.
Presentation indeed in Geneva in less than two weeks now.

#9 ·
Re: Thanks for the responses

If you do end up with a Tubi system, please post your impressions. I'm still on the fence, thinking about the change.

Deep down, I hope you buy the Tubi and hate it. Then you can sell it to me at a discount price! :lol:

#10 ·
Decided I will have dealer put Tubi on when car comes in. Figure I am allready spending a nice chunck of change on car and the Tubi should really finnish the package. As my driving like a nut days are behind me, I just want my car to look and sound like it will go fast. Also found out my car is finally on a boat and due in Newark on 3/9 should have car within two weeks after that, Just in time for spring :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.