Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's what my '02 CC now looks like, as of New Years Day. No other vehicles involved and amazingly, I got out and walked away with only scrapes and bruises (mostly from the airbag deployment). Geico has totaled it. So I guess I need to go shopping...

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
so what happened? did it have anything to do with a hot sister? that sucks i hope the car was stock easier to replace that way. maybe u can get a gs now.;) good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leadfoot_mf said:
my dads a tv repair man he's got an awesome set of tools...............i can fix it.:D
I'm sure you could get it for a bargain price from Geico. They're sending it to the salvage auction next week. It's a shame, 'cuz the engine is still pristine and the interior suffered no real damage. But the rails are bent, the suspension is totaled, and the damage to the bodywork is extensive.

what happened? I stupidly attempted a lane change while under acceleration when the road had just misted over enough to bring the oils to the surface. The rear end lost its grip and I couldn't recover (and no help came from the MSP, dunno why). Passenger side took out a wooden power pole, then bounced my driver's side into a speed limit sign. Thankfully, I had no one in the car with me at the time, I don't think they wouldv'e walked away.

I'm tempted to think about an MC-V, if there's one at a good price, although my better half seems to think I should lay low for a while. For now, I'll keep my eyes and ears open while I putz around in an RX-8 that I was going to sell. But I do miss my baby...

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Trident said:
.... The rear end lost its grip and I couldn't recover (and no help came from the MSP, dunno why)....
Were you in sport mode(power mode for non skyhook) at that time? Sport mode is not good in low traction situation. Did you see the MSP light flashing at that time? If it flash, that mean it was working but not able to overcome the law of physics or maybe it is out of order also. If it did not flash, i think the MSP is out of order for sure.

Anyway, it is good that you are not hurt(much). And if you look from another angle, you will get a new car soon.:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
oops

i think the lizard turned green, not mfeeling well, perhaps. will be interested in $ settlement. base for un derstanding market value. please keep us posted, mitchell. proud owner of a new hip, 6 weeks ago. none of maserati will start now oh but for a trickle charger

·
Registered
286 Posts
bundas said:
i think the lizard turned green, not mfeeling well, perhaps. will be interested in $ settlement. base for un derstanding market value. please keep us posted, mitchell. proud owner of a new hip, 6 weeks ago. none of maserati will start now oh but for a trickle charger
??? what are you trying to say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Parts

You might make out better keeping the wreck and parting it out. Just got a quote for the Drivers side door weather stripping on my 05 Spyder, was expecting a few hundys, it was more like a few thousand +. Anybody know of a way to get my torn weather stripping replaced a little more reasonably??

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
bundas said:
Let me translate...

I think Geico crapped their pants! How much did they pay for the totalled car? Was it based on the current market value? Let us know what's up. I broke my hip 6 weeks ago and now have a transplant. Your car looks like it won't start. I bet you wish you had a trickle charger! :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Holy sh1t! finally someone fluent in Bundas! - I can only manage the pidgin version - my hat's off to you! Must be the ear trained by listening for the pin drop.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Steeldream said:
Holy sh1t! finally someone fluent in Bundas! - I can only manage the pidgin version - my hat's off to you! Must be the ear trained by listening for the pin drop.
Bundas always has good input. I jest with his last post because I really did understand most of it and they were the same questions I would have asked. the whole hip and trickle charger thing was WAY too funny to pass up. No offense Bundas! P.S Hope your hip feels better soon :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts