Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone help me, please? I have an 08 gts QP
I recently had the following installed:
air filter, drive by wire, power chip, and larini exhaust (rear boxes only)..Since the installs the car has had an 02 warning light and and engine warnign light on (batt warning came ona few times also)..The install center said to drive it 50 miles and it should go off...It didn't..I took it back to install center immediately..they don't seem to know what is wrong.

Has anyone else had similar issues, and what caused it, what can i do to fix it...I just spent a lot buying and installing all this..I don't want to spend more just to scrap it all, because the install center has messed up something. They are clueless. Any ideas?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Was the 'power chip' from Formula Dynamics or another source? If from FD, I'd ask Jeff for suggestions/troubleshooting. I doubt the DBW has anything to do with it but since you worked on exhaust and ECU I'd start there. Any chance that the 02 sensor wires are connected improperly (had this happen once on my 5-series)?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
An O2 warning light will definitely come on if you remove the O2 sensors or the O2 sensors aren't plugged into the original exhaust.

So the question is, what kind of Larini did they install? Did they change only the rear boxes? (in that case, the O2 sensors should be fine), but if they changed the front part of the exhaust and removed the original CATs (without putting a viable replacement) then thats why you get an O2 sensor error.

The FD ECU or DBW shouldn't produce such a warning, at least in my experience, but as Vincenzo above suggested, you should contact Jeff from FD.

·
Registered
307 Posts
An oxygen sensor or O2 warning is almost surely coming from the exhaust. But if you only change the rear boxes (which is nowhere near your O2 sensors), then it should not trigger any faults.

Strange, but maybe you can try to unhook the battery for 30 min then put it back on again. With the battery off, you can try to unplug and replug the o2 sensors, who knows, they might got semi-unplugged by accident when the guys are wrestling with the pipes, thought I seriously doubt that.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Most commonly a mistake is made with the wiring of the harness when the FD DBW and Chip are installed...if your items are FD items.

Simply installing rear mufflers will have no effect on the emissions and O2 sensor activity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.

Thank you everyone, for your input.
It's put my mind to ease knowing that it's a simple issue that can be fixed and your input has helped me narrow it down. It's at the shop now, and they think they have it figured out.

I'm a new member to this forum, and I really appreciate being able to talk with others that have similar cars and mods, to myself. In fact a few of you have the exact mods as I just did on my GTS-it's good to know that they won't cause any major issues from the install. You have nice cars, I've seen your pics. I'll try and get a picture of mine up. Its basically all black, with tints of red and chrome-no biggie.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
They tapped into an improperly colored wire from the ECU is my guess.

Let us know how they fix it, for future reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts