Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to FM of Silicon Valley today to get some oil and oil filter for an upcoming oil change.

oddly, versus FM of San Francisco, FM of SV charges $39 for a filter vs $25.80 at San Francisco, and $2 for a crush washer vs $1 at San Francisco.

anyways, I was told that F/M is phasing out AGIP oil due to detergents in the oil which is causing lifter noise. They are currently selling Mobil 1, but wil shortly go to Shell Helix to consolidate with Ferrari. I am not quite sure if this is dealer specific, although it sounded like it.

I ended up just getting the filter as my Independent Shop stocks/uses Mobil1 only.

also heard that Kevin, Service Manager of FM of SF was let go. Seems like a lot of turnaround within the F/M Service field.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My SoCal dealer also stated that if the customer complained about lifter noise, they would use Mobil 1. Filter was about $38 and they gave me the two crush washers.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mobil 1

I am using Mobil 1, 0W-40, European Formula full synthetic and I have no lifter noise, car runs cooler, and it's cheaper than paying for the other stuff... From tests done on the FerrariChat site, Mobil 1 has the same lubrication abilities as the Shell Helix, just costs less.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts