Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My top got stuck while adjusting the straps. Now the light in the dash is lit and it will not move. Is there any way to reset it without going to the dealer?
I have already tried a battery shut off overnight with no results.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It happened to me once right after I bought mine. Tried disconnecting the battery for few seconds, half hour. No luck.
Had to leave it with the battery switch disconnected overnight. Then it reset.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced the springs on my shocks. I prop up the rear boot to get access to the nuts. When finished, the rear wouldn't close tight so I used the buttons inside the compartment to close it tight. I cannot get it to open. Is there a procedure other than what the manual suggest? Handling is where it should have been from the factory. FD is the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine did the same... any luck trying anything? I disconnected the battery no luck. Tried to use the switch in the glove compartment and it just sounds like it's running but not doing anything... it's like it's stuck in a mode...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine did the same... any luck trying anything? I disconnected the battery no luck. Tried to use the switch in the glove compartment and it just sounds like it's running but not doing anything... it's like it's stuck in a mode...
The switch in the glove box is an override to close the electronic latches in the rear (rear pins, latching for top lid). It will not do anything for moving the actual top.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you tried the pulling the cap off behind the seat (can't remember if it's left side or right side seat) and giving the steel mechanism in view a thud with a screwdriver with the palm of your hand, the mechanism can get stuck sometimes and this frees it up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
giving the steel mechanism in view a thud with a screwdriver with the palm of your hand, the mechanism can get stuck sometimes and this frees it up.
You are talking about whacking the pump motor that is located under the top tray on the pass side.

Before disassembling anything Dziabo23 needs to post exactly what is going on with his top. Two seeming similar issues could be the result of completely different causes. Where in the process did the top stop? Was it going up or down? Can it be reversed using the console switch? What sounds are being heard (or not heard)?

It could be as simple as worn straps and moving the second bow back a bit as the top opens resolves (albeit temporarily) the problem. We just don't know until more information is provided.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You are talking about whacking the pump motor that is located under the top tray on the pass side.

Before disassembling anything Dziabo23 needs to post exactly what is going on with his top. Two seeming similar issues could be the result of completely different causes. Where in the process did the top stop? Was it going up or down? Can it be reversed using the console switch? What sounds are being heard (or not heard)?

It could be as simple as worn straps and moving the second bow back a bit as the top opens resolves (albeit temporarily) the problem. We just don't know until more information is provided.
Yes your right regarding where the top is currently positioned.
The thud(rather than whacking) through the hole capped off is mentioned in the manual/handbook I think so not a drastic measure. I know mines got stuck in the past and I've tried using the buttons in the back parcel shelf and heard the noise but nothing happened till I gave the hole a thud with a screwdriver.
These roofs are temperamental to say the least but in most cases it's a cheap fix.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Let's look at the obvious, what did you do with the straps? Did you jam the top in it's position or did you put on straps that the hydraulics can't move? Not enough data.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My top is doing the same tony. I attempted to unlock it at the front with Allen key and it’s to tight. It used to go halfway back, now it just makes noise. Do you have pics of what worn straps look like and how to pull things out of the way when reset testing?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I assume you're trying to lower the top manually? I assume you're talking about releasing it at the top of the windshield? I assume you haven't released the latches at the back? If all assumptions are correct then you probably can't do what you're trying to do. Sentence on halfway back doesn't have enough information to even speculate. There was a guy (Lorenzo I think) that sold repair straps but I haven't seen him post for a while. My top works fine so no information on worn straps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes releasing manually
Yes releasing at windshield
Yes released rear latches first to relieve tension

I’m sure I need to change the straps but I wanted to get the top to go down first.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have you tried opening the valve on the hydraulic pump? Releasing pressure in the lines may allow manual lowering. Would also be worth opening the valve, battery reset, closing valve and then operating normally on the switch. Have had to do this a number of times after working in the roof compartment. The valve is accessible via a cap in the bulkhead cover behind the RHS seat - you'll need a flat head screwdriver long enough to reach into the cone:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes releasing manually
Yes releasing at windshield
Yes released rear latches first to relieve tension

I’m sure I need to change the straps but I wanted to get the top to go down first.
When you say rear latches do you mean the latches at the front of the cover or the screw hold downs at the rear of the cover?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I see the OP has gone silent after I asked a few questions, so for the rest of us here's some more info. The manual procedure in the owner's manual is to put the top UP. To put the top down you can't undo the latches at the back of the top using the switch. There is a previous post where the poster and I discussed what could be done. So to put the top down you need a 10 mm socket and a long extension to undo the 4 bolts on the hold-downs from inside the car. You can then do the rest of the procedure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone know the location of the convertible top hydraulic pump fuse or relay? I turned the screw in the white cone behind passengers seat to the left trying to diagnose my top problem. After resetting battery and other troubleshooting, my pump won’t kick on and pressurize the lines.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts