Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day fellow Maserati lovers.
My Father passed away and left me his 1987 Maserati Biturbo Spider. There is one person in all of Southern California that has worked on it and repaired it and he is currently way too busy to help me. I'm writing this as desperation and a plea to help me get this beautiful convertible up and running.
DOES ANYONE ON THIS FORUM KNOW OF ANY MECHANICS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA THAT CAN WORK ON A 1987 BITURBO?
Here is the issue:
The thermostat housing unit sprung a leak and was gushing coolant. I replaced the thermostat and the front housing unit. The bolts were so old and stripped but I was able to remove the old housing unit and bolt on the new one with new thermostat. It slight leaked from the crease where the front housing unit meets the back housing unit so I used a gasket sealer to seal it up. Theoretically this should have done the trick but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to want to run right. Its sluggish and feels like it wants to stall. It will kind of learch forward and sputter like it wants to stall out. I couldn't tell if it was overheating because it wasn't getting any coolant to the engine, air to the engine, fuel to the engine.. I just don't know! The sensors that clip to the hoses may all need to be replaced and I'm not getting the instruments on the dash to give me a readying of the temperature. I don't know what to do at this point and its killing me that my Father's classic car isn't running and is just sitting in my mothers' garage. If anyone knows an old Maserati, Alfa, Ferrari mechanic that can work on these cars from the 80s Please Help!
- Richie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, I don't know if Eric is still working on Maseratis. He used to work on mine when he was at Auto Gallery, but GTO might be all Ferrari now.
I talked to Craig at Fast Cars he can take a look at it but he is just so far. I'm in Temecula Ca and he is in Redondo Beach Los Angeles.
I need someone local that can work on it. I have a new issue or maybe its Thee issue but it seems my fuel line and fuel filter is jammed and could be why it feels like its being choked or not getting something when its running.

Thanks again!

- Richie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.