Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Because it's not black. :D

Jokes apart, it's the lowest I've ever seen. There's something fishy in this picture... Too good to be truth.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because it's not black. :D

Jokes apart, it's the lowest I've ever seen. There's something fishy in this picture... Too good to be truth.
The car fax checks out. I have a call in to them to get the story, i.e., notwithstanding carfax, is the car clean.

Anyone down in South Florida/Texas know this car ?

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
the color they have listed, says Bianco Fuji Pearlesc... but the car color is silver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that price isn't that far out of line for an '05 w 11k miles from an independent dealer although there probably is a story, it is florida after all...

·
Registered
240 Posts
there is a 2005 gs in chicago which is red with about the same miles asking 51,000.

I know there was a really cheap white GS here in phoenix which was for sale for a while and a member mentioned their was something wrong with that auto.

it seems most 2005 GS are listed from 50k-65k......

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
haha i m glad someone also pointed out it is not bianco fuji. for a moment i thought my eyes are not seeing color properly.

·
Registered
338 Posts
With the economy not doing so great, I think you're going to see more and more cars around this price.

But you have to remember, that doesn't mean that you're going to see more Maserati's being driven around the streets.

Thing is... getting a $51K loan for a "used car" is going to become almost next to impossible for the average joe.

So the buyer is going to have to come to the table with cash - payment in full. No trade in... no bank loan. Just straight wire transfer from your checking account to theirs.

Granted - Maserati owners are more well to do than the average person.

But my point is, things are changing.

Ford and GM already gotten rid of their Lease programs.

The days of people driving new fancy cars that they really can't afford are gone.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dealers prefer you use dealer credit/lease because they get a kickback from the finance co.

That said, if you don't qualify they still would rather sell the car and don't care how you pay for it.

All that has happened is the bar is probably a little higher for borrowing money - it is still out there.

·
5,887 Posts
All that has happened is the bar is probably a little higher for borrowing money - it is still out there.
+1 Borrowing money is still easy for those with good incomes and credit. Tightening of credit availability really didn't hurt the $50K+ auto market as much as other markets.

I think the GS in question is priced fairly for the following reasons:
1) Off color - silver Italian cars just don't sell easily
2) End of the season - even though the car is in Florida, exotic sports cars are a national market and sadly, winter is just around the corner
3) Florida independent dealer - I can't think of a group of US dealers that have a worse reputation
4) Natural depreciation - as much as we all hate it, these cars sink in value like an off-warranty Mercedes

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,887 Posts
For all the non-US based ML members: what's the scoop on Florida car dealers? :confused:

Why the bad rep?
I think the bad reputation is more percieved than real. I'm told Florida is one of only a few states where titles can be "laundered" to have salvage brands removed.

Also, Florida seems to have some bad dealers that really stick out. I've heard scary stories about cars from the Auto Toy Store and Don L. Leasing just to name a couple.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts