Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI again. I have a new 2006 Coupe cambio with about 1,000 miles on it. Is it me, or do you have to bear down on the gas pedal to get it going from 1st? I mean, it is fast once you get past 2,000 rpms in 1st, but going from stopped to say, 20 mph or so seems a long pedal travel. I thought you would just have to touch the pedal to get instant acceleration, or is this done on purpose by the software so that we have a longer pedal travel and not instant acceleration? Also, what rpms do you guys shift at? It seems to want to go to 4,000 rpm readily and then shift to 2nd, and then up to 4,000 again and then into 3rd, etc. Thanks. -Bob.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Remember the hill holder has to release so generally speaking you have to be a little more authoritiative to move off from a standstill.

Remember there are at least two computers connected to that pedal figuring out what to do with the clutch, the engine, and the hill holder.

·
Registered
773 Posts
welcome!

new toy's are always wonderful. enjoy. now slow starts mean that you are pushing pedal down slow, right? tromp the thing, like it's a palmetto BUG! then see what happens, O! by way, hold on. thrill of life is coming! like the first time. software learns from you, be a wild thing!

·
Registered
113 Posts
The newer ECU software does modulate throttle on take-off to prevent premature clutch wear. Our 2002 CC Spyder would grab much more quickly with the original software; an update applied in 2004 reduced engine torque until the clutch hooked up. That might be what you are feeling - regardless of pedal position, the power is limited for a short time.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
A few quick comments:

- Yes, it does take a little while to "hook up", though there is a small amount of adjustment that the dealer can do in terms of RPM level to engage (ask the service manager)

- Of course, you should use the sport setting for best results

- If you put all 400 HP to work instantly, you'd merely spin the tires and the stability control would kick in, negating the launch anyway

- If you want to spin your tires, turn off stability control, engage sport mode, and hang on

Rick

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I originally bought my car, I too thought that the pedal travel was rather long when compared with other sports cars I have owned. Keeping in mind that ours is a drive-by-wire system, meaning there is no mechanical linkage between the accelerator pedal and the engine throttle, the Eurotek ECU upgrade significantly shortened the pedal travel, making the throttle response much faster. I don't work for them, or have any financial interest..just a happy customer. You may wish to check out prior posts on this site for more information, or visit their website at Eurotek.com, I believe. There are other benefits, of course, to this upgrade as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts