Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2003 Spyder Cambiocorsa with just under 20,000 miles and have been delighted with everything about the car except its occasional but alarming slippage into Neutral gear.

There does not seem to be a pattern to the slippage-it's happened more than once while stopped at a traffic signal, and once while driving along at 40 mph. In each case I was unable to shift into forward gear without shutting off and re-starting the car.

Before posting this thread I searched the postings dealing with the CC trans and found I'm not the only owner to have experienced this problem, but for the others it seemed to have only happened once or twice. The sole solution offered seemed to be "make sure the hood is securely closed", which I've done.

Any other suggestions to cure this problem will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
518 Posts
make sure the doors are closed tightly or check the door pinswitches on my 05 if the door is open the car will pop into neutral

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is it's a briefly-opened door switch, you should be able to select a gear a second later without restarting the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it's a briefly-opened door switch, you should be able to select a gear a second later without restarting the car.
Thanks for your reply DeaneG. I'm new to Maseratis but I think a warning light would show on the display if either door is not closed tightly, so I do not think the door is the problem. Any other suggestions will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slipping into neutral

Thanks to those who offered suggestions to cure the problem. I'm happy to report that was fixed by the excellent Maserati dealer in Rancho Mirage, CA, Desert European Motors.

All I know is that the problem has not occurred since a faulty brake switch was replaced and the CC trans was reprogrammed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts