Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
They all slip in reverse, especially uphill. You mean it's getting much worse? Otherwise the Drive By Wire Enhancement Module fixes that.

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2021 Levante Gransport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't really noticed it before

after 5000k's. Backed out of my drive yesterday for the first time and now I know what everyone's talking about. I try quite hard to not use reverse even to the point of backing down my drive and slipping into neutral once i get rolling and then coasting into the garage. The hill hold facility is a bit of a nuisance when doing slow speed manoeuvring in reverse so I just coast. Any danger in that? And can you ship the Drive By Wire Enhancement Module to NZ and would my usual technician be able to (or inclined to) install?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jeff: I'll be at the Pocono event in two weeks - will you have a Gransport there with your DBW module so I can compare it with my stock '06 GS? If it's as good as you say, I'll buy one and have it installed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
"By design" the CC clutch doesn't fully engage in reverse.

I tend to use minimum throttle and ALWAYS sport mode when I reverse. Don't hold the throttle to hold the car's position on a slope. If the clutch slips then release the throttle.

I also try to plan where I park so if on a steep driveway I will be taking off forward uphill (in sport mode) rather than trying to back up an incline.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
All Formula 1 Gear Boxes...

Don't fully engage in reverse, regardless of the make... The clutch bumps when in reverse, it engages and then dis-engages, it never fully engages.. That is the same for all F1 type gear boxes, BMW, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes, all that are Manual Sequential Gearboxes... The F1 teams all have the same issue and it's on purpose..

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is the same for all F1 type gear boxes, BMW, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes, all that are Manual Sequential Gearboxes...
Just a small note, the Maserati/Ferriari F1/CC gearbox is not a sequential gearbox. The sequential gearboxes have one mechanical actuation to go up and down gears, and would only need a single hydraulic actuator. (and in fact pre-dating computerized boxes there were manual sequential boxes.... still used in a lot of different racing and rally cars and of course most motorcycle gearboxes are sequential).

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
Jeff: I'll be at the Pocono event in two weeks - will you have a Gransport there with your DBW module so I can compare it with my stock '06 GS? If it's as good as you say, I'll buy one and have it installed.
We will not have our car there, unfortunately. However I believe that several of our customers will be there and perhaps we can get you a test ride. Otherwise, I'll install it for you and if you decide not to go with it, we'll bypass it and refund the product. Be sure to let me know at least a week before the event to schedule you in and arrange for the product to be there.

I'm very confident, you'll get the result you're looking for.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
after 5000k's. Backed out of my drive yesterday for the first time and now I know what everyone's talking about. I try quite hard to not use reverse even to the point of backing down my drive and slipping into neutral once i get rolling and then coasting into the garage. The hill hold facility is a bit of a nuisance when doing slow speed manoeuvring in reverse so I just coast. Any danger in that? And can you ship the Drive By Wire Enhancement Module to NZ and would my usual technician be able to (or inclined to) install?
Yes, we ship worldwide and will be glad to provide whatever support is necessary to make sure that your installer seems qualified to do the work, understands the install and gets it right. It's very important to us that the install goes well and you get the result you're looking for.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts