Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am truly enjoying our new Maserati 2006 coupe cambio. I had noticed however a slight cosmetic blemish on the top of the steering wheel. Not on the wheel part, but on the stalk part. It looks like someone scoured off the black a bit and some whitish coloring is showing. This is a new car. Could/would the the dealer fix this at my 6,000 service? Maybe replace the steering wheel altogether? Or, is this too much to ask for a small problem? And, yes, I am a perfectionist about cars that cost this much! I already tried cleaning it with Simple Green, and no dice. Thanks, -Bob.

·
Registered
203 Posts
At least in my 2002, many of the black plastic interior parts are sprayed with a coating that makes it softer to the touch. This coating is easily scratched. I recall one of my first M3's actually suffered pealing of this coating. I think the technology has advanced since then. In any event, it is totally reasonable to have that replaced under warranty. I would not hesitate in putting them on notice of that, so there is less opportunity for them to blame you for having scratched it. Good luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
As Frankie says, if repair is needed it should be done under warranty. Go to your dealer to get it sorted ASAP.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts