Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 Cambiocorsa a month ago and haven't looked back - until now. The car has the popular Sport mode and Skyhook suspension, the only problem being is that recently the Skyhook warning light has been coming on and staying on during driving. The manual suggest something is wrong, I just wondered if anyone else had had such a prolem and what was the cause/result.

Also, is it dangerous to drive when this light is always on?

Help would be greatly appreciated...:confused:

·
Registered
431 Posts
skyhook

Hi. I have had this light come on after going through a series of speed bumps. I turned off the car and started her up and it thankfully went away. It could be that one or more of your sensors in your suspension may be dirty/damaged/playing up. Wait a few days and see before going to the dealer. If it doesnt go away you can reset the comuter to get rid of the fault code and see if it comes on again. You can reset it if you ask the dealer nicely or get an OBD 2 reader and do it yourself. I think that after about 30 starts or so it should reset by itself. I dont think its dangerous or will do damage to your car but take it easy and dont go over speed bumps. You may check the archives mor more info.

You could try bobbing the suspension at each corner and trying the ignition each time to see if you get the light going off.
good luck from UK!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
007 said:
Hi. I have had this light come on after going through a series of speed bumps. I turned off the car and started her up and it thankfully went away. It could be that one or more of your sensors in your suspension may be dirty/damaged/playing up. Wait a few days and see before going to the dealer. If it doesnt go away you can reset the comuter to get rid of the fault code and see if it comes on again. You can reset it if you ask the dealer nicely or get an OBD 2 reader and do it yourself. I think that after about 30 starts or so it should reset by itself. I dont think its dangerous or will do damage to your car but take it easy and dont go over speed bumps. You may check the archives mor more info.

You could try bobbing the suspension at each corner and trying the ignition each time to see if you get the light going off.
good luck from UK!
Thanks 007. Have tried switching off then on again and it does the trick, but the light then appears again later on. Will see how it goes - have speed bumps on all roads from my house so maybe they're the real problem. Are you saying that after 30 or so starts the original fault will be deleted from the ECU?

Incidently I never really noticed too much difference in ride when in the Sport compared to Normal mode. Haven't done much hard cornering to see how the suspension reacts, but in a straight line the both settings feel very similar (if not the same).

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had the skyhook warning on when I bought my 02 CC. Dealer found the skyhook ECU was faulty and had to replace it. (should have told me before I picked up the car!!)

Note: - the system went into "fail-over" mode and locked the suspension rock hard. If you have the same rock-hard ride all the time then perhaps the ecu has failed?
(note also the warning light was on all the time during the few days I ran the car like this.)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi Ollie.
I couldnt feel the difference between sport and normal when I was using the auto modeBUT when I use manual I get a BIG diference in performance and even BIGGER when I had the TUBIS fitted ( well it feels/sounds like it anyway).

My advice just wait a few days and see if it irons itself out. If dealer is nice then he will help you free of charge. If he says Book it in then tell him [email protected]$$ O**!

You must be in UK-are you?

Speed bumps? I thought we won the war!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Determining if I have Skyhook

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, but have found it a great place for us Maserati owners. I recently picked up an '03 Coupe CambioCorsa and am not sure if it is equipped with Skyhook. I want to upgrade my suspension for Track/Autocross use, but I'm not sure if I can just use springs or if I need to put in the KW Coilovers.

My car has a PWR button, no sport button, but the Power Button completely seems to change the car's manners. It shifts much quicker, engine note becomes musical and seems more sure footed. Any one have any ideas if the later model Coupes use PWR instead of a sport button to designate the Skyhook?

·
Registered
660 Posts
greggp said:
Hi everyone,

...I recently picked up an '03 Coupe CambioCorsa and am not sure if it is equipped with Skyhook... no sport button...
You answered it yourself. NO SPORT button = NO SKYHOOK. Simple as that.

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
007 said:
Hi Ollie.
I couldnt feel the difference between sport and normal when I was using the auto modeBUT when I use manual I get a BIG diference in performance and even BIGGER when I had the TUBIS fitted ( well it feels/sounds like it anyway).

My advice just wait a few days and see if it irons itself out. If dealer is nice then he will help you free of charge. If he says Book it in then tell him [email protected]$$ O**!

You must be in UK-are you?

Speed bumps? I thought we won the war!
I live in London so an hour's drive to get out to the sticks and some decent roads. Girlfriend is enjoying the 250 mile round trips to go for Sunday lunch - just tell her I have heard of a great little pub out in the country....

Will see how it goes with the skyhook - I suppose my biggest fear is one/two wheels are fixed in a different setting from the others! The ride doesn't seem too firm, but fair bit stiffer than my previous car (bottom of range bmw 3 series). I guess from what I have read that I was expecting it to be softer in "normal" and stiffer in "sport".

In response to the above, I believe that if the button is "Power" and not "Sport" then the car doesn't have the active suspension (though will still have the change in gear shifting and stability controls). From what I've been told, all the cars imported into the UK had the full "Sport" function".

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ollie said:
From what I've been told, all the cars imported into the UK had the full "Sport" function".
Yep. Bue there are some around here which have been imported diretly (not throught the dealership ring) without the sports package installed (but only a handful...)

If you are in London, have a go at the B225 (take it coming from the A20) towards Sevenoaks (the road is used by Maranello to test Masers and Ferraris... not the best tarmac, but good enough circuit) and then turn towards Ide Hill. Or before hitting Sevenoaks (in Otford) turn into the village and contiue on (again, a nice B-road...)

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Troesma said:
Yep. Bue there are some around here which have been imported diretly (not throught the dealership ring) without the sports package installed (but only a handful...)

If you are in London, have a go at the B225 (take it coming from the A20) towards Sevenoaks (the road is used by Maranello to test Masers and Ferraris... not the best tarmac, but good enough circuit) and then turn towards Ide Hill. Or before hitting Sevenoaks (in Otford) turn into the village and contiue on (again, a nice B-road...)

Ed
Thanks - I live in South East London so this would be an easy enough area to get to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts