Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one would not be tracking the car but using it as a "frequent" driver....

Skyhook...is softer or harder than the "standard" uspension?

I must pull the trigger tom'w (march 31st incentive) and I have found a truly beautiful car outfitted exactly as I want but without the skyhook....or do I compromise and go for the skyhook car?

thanks in advance,
Eric

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would go without Skyhook. Skyhook is useless to me as I depress the Sport button all the time anyways which makes it as tight as a non-skyhook car. With the sport button off, it rides like a Lexus. The only adavantage to the Skyhook is the ablility to lower the car without a great expense.
If you want to track the car and are willing to dish out a couple of grand on an aftermarket suspension then the Skyhook is not for you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
When I was first shopping for the car (before I bought my m5, three years ago) I was dead set against the skyhook becuse I wanted the pure feel of standard springs. I now own a skyhook car and I'm happy for it. The only report of a non-skyhook car I've seen says that the suspension is poorly sorted. On my car, the standard setting (soft) is actually soft to the point of being floaty at times. The sport setting is VERY stiff. The end result is a whole lot of toggling between standard and sport on my part. I'd guess the standard suspension is somewhere inbetween the two settings. I'd get the skyhook if I were you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
If you have already found what you were looking for "...a truly beautiful car outfitted exactly" as you wanted. It does not matter much if your car comes with/without the skyhook, each option has its pros and cons and since you will not be tracking the car at all. But you will have the best of both worlds in the skyhook option as an innovative technology in your ride. Get the car before the next discerning buyer purchases it and become an instant Maserati owner.
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your input.

I have it narrowed down to:

Nero Carbonio GT with skyhook 18" wheels..(Las Vegas)

or

Bianco Fuji CC with sport interior non-skyhook 19" wheels (S.F.)

some of you may know the cars in question...

I am now leaning towars the GT...

I have a few hours before I must make my decision...

·
Registered
4 Posts
impex4 said:
thank you all for your input.

I have it narrowed down to:

Nero Carbonio GT with skyhook 18" wheels..(Las Vegas)

or

Bianco Fuji CC with sport interior non-skyhook 19" wheels (S.F.). . .
Sounds pretty black and white, no?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
quite the extreme - Black GT Skyhook, White CC.

sorry but i am a sucker for the Bianco Fuji.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
My impression of non-Skyhook is that it is as stiff-riding as a Skyhook on Sport mode. I think that there is about the same lateral sway as well, but a lowered Skyhook has less dive or squat with braking and acceleration.

Keep in mind that I have a GT non-Skyhook car. I had a local Porsche Cup driver shake down my car and he did not think it would benefit from larger sway bars. He thought that lowering it a couple of cm and coil-overs would help. He also thought that 19 in wheels would add weight and little else.

What would really would help is losing about 500lbs.

My experience in a CC Skyhook car is about 200 miles. It was lowered about one inch with factory 18 in wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im gonna send it east via Horseless Carriage, but if you want to give the csr the once over...I wanna make sure the paint is perfect

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on your new buy, enjoy in good health.
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts