Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing missing in my QP is satellite radio. I have the unit from my Porsche, but am not sure where to locate it. So, am looking for examples.

I searched the forum but found nothing yet.

I am NOT interested in switching out the existing unit/nav.

help/pics?

dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
sirius mounting

Depending on the unit you have I have the SL10 which is more of a "portrait" orientated unit (tall and narrow) it works well with a vent mount on the dash.
I used the Sirius FM signal injector or adapter (requires the EU adapter cables) there is enough "give" in the surround of the radio that all of the wire can be tucked behind it and the run down to the transmission tunnel

the FM antenna has a connector on the drivers side of the transmission tunnel which can be used so you never have to get behind the radio.

I spent a fruitless day trying to mount the antenna on the back of the car and route the cable through the trunk into the car, gave up put it on the speaker grill in the rear window and ran the to the front of the car under the various trim panels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did not find it difficult.

I went along side of the seats the trim along the side of the car seems to have just enough give to let a wire slide in under it the only area of concern for me was crossing to the center console. I have it crossing under the rear floor mats but I think it would work to stay under the side and door trim bits and keep going up to the dash.

regarding the rear seats I am comfortable with how far away from the rear seats the wire ends up. and since the wire is neatly stowed there is nothing for the seat to catch on so it works for me where the rear seats are not used alot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mark, I'd be interested to know more about the touch screen overlay for the Alpine. Is the touchscreen overlay an Alpine part or is that a custom piece? I would love to take out the factory screen and controls completely, and replace with a larger screen that fills up the complete space where the radio buttons exist now. The bezel would have to be refabbed then too, maybe do that and some other black trim pieces in CF :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not find it difficult.

I went along side of the seats the trim along the side of the car seems to have just enough give to let a wire slide in under it the only area of concern for me was crossing to the center console. I have it crossing under the rear floor mats but I think it would work to stay under the side and door trim bits and keep going up to the dash.

regarding the rear seats I am comfortable with how far away from the rear seats the wire ends up. and since the wire is neatly stowed there is nothing for the seat to catch on so it works for me where the rear seats are not used alot.
Thanks for the info. I will try that approach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts