Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Silver 06 Coupe GT "stripper", ie no options and was wondering how many of the 50 06 Coupe GT's sold were silver versus what seems like the more common black?

The car is a blast to drive but definetly needs more sound, so a Tubi will be installed shortly. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for suspension modifications? I would like to firm up the car a little, especially since it does not have skyhook. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and thought Kevin at MVP was working on this issue with his 06 GT. Any recommendations yet, Kevin?

·
Registered
286 Posts
great screen name and congratulations on the new car. wow lots of posts on exhausts on here. I think formula dynamics is working on a spring for the non skyhook cars. good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment on the username! I checked formula dynamics website and nothing yet listed for the non-skyhook cars. Anyway, I guess I will just have to call them. I am pretty sure that MVP is working on something as well, especially since Kevin has an 06 "stripper"

Also, should anyone still be contemplating picking up a new 06 Coupe GT, there are not that many left so you better hurry. A couple of weeks ago when I made my deal I called around to every maserati dealer in the country and there were only about 5 cars left, and incidentally, unless it has sold in the last two weeks, there is only one silver Coupe GT left in the country.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi SilverStripper,

After I saw your post, I went on to the MoSF web site and sure enough, the silver one was gone. You are probably the proud owner of it now, congratulation!

My silver stripper has VIN # ending in 5105. I haven't seen any number much higher than those. So they must have been assembled in the last batch.

Yes, the black one is still there, if anyone want to make an offer.

Non-skyhook suspension is actually as hard as the skyhook in sports mode. The problem is with the ride height. If you don't have a lot of potholes and hills as here in San Francisco, I would recommend lower it a few turns (I think 1.5-2 has been suggested here). You should be very happy with the result.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have black, wish I had silver. Just remember how much harder black is to keep clean.

In terms of suspension modifications, the Formula Dynamics Springs will be the ones to go with as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My silver stripper has a VIN ending in 196. Silver was much harder to locate than the black ones.
The reason I wanted a silver one was I trying to keep a black bmw clean was driving me nuts. The silver one can be filthy (by my standards) and still look spotless to normal people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is actually 4418, I believe it was a March of 06 build. I did not buy the one at MoSF. I actually picked mine up used at Foreign Cars Italia (car had 1700 miles on it). I guess I will wait for the Formula Dynamics springs come out and look into those.

Also, does anyone know if all of the silver stripper cars have silver/aluminum trim on the inside (center console fascia/doors/etc). Mine does, and I thought all of the stripper cars had solid black interiors until I saw the car I purchased.

Good to see there are several people on the board who own base 06 GT's and appreciate the manual shifter. I just never could get used to the cambio and the "delayed reaction" feeling when I floored the accelerator after an upshift, even in the Gransport which I was contemplating buying. However, I do not doubt that total shift time is quicker with the cambio.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Silverstripper said:
Good to see there are several people on the board who own base 06 GT's and appreciate the manual shifter. I just never could get used to the cambio and the "delayed reaction" feeling when I floored the accelerator after an upshift, even in the Gransport which I was contemplating buying. However, I do not doubt that total shift time is quicker with the cambio.
The cambiocorsa is a love or hate thing it seems. My hardest decision when ordering my 2008 is going to be 6spd or CC if 6spd is an option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts