Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading up on clutch failure and wear, but am still a little confused as I've learned theres different signs.

Last time I drove the car besides last week was in the summer and I did not notice any of the slipping I just recently experienced. Maybe it is due to the cold weather, maybe I need a new clutch?

In Auto mode, with Sport on, from take off in 1st 60% of the time the car either vibrates a little or I will hear a mild screetch. I've experienced no slippage in higher gears and the car has never come out of gear or failed to go in the next gear.

If I drive it with Auto off, and Sport on, I will sometimes still feel a little shaking getting it into gear. Shifting from 2nd, to 3rd, etc is smooth though.

Is this my clutch going? How much longer do I have? Is there any precautions I should take (other than reverse uphill or excessive auto driving)?

Would like to get the best insight here so I can plan ahead as to not have any more suprises with the car! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It does sound like your clutch is gone. Maybe the problem is the throw out bearing, but either way, the solution and cost is the same since once you open the clutch everything should be replaced anyway.

Mine slipped like that for over 6 months and I never got stranded. I only had it replaced because my warranty was expiring (long story).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.