Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here....
I bought a 2010 QP last week which seems to be in great condition bar a couple of small issues I've come across.
One of the side mirrors is not working at all from the door controller.
One is fine and adjusts as it should but the other seems completely dead.
It did fold in once but just once. Otherwise it won't lock into the correct outward position manually, it will however lock closed manually.
It kind of swings free.
I've read through the forum and not found another instance. I've checked the fuse 41 which is fine.
Some people have suggested resetting the battery, which seems tricky but willing to give it a go if it might help.
Possibly the motor is dead or perhaps a worn out cog?
Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
4,103 Posts
Unfold the mirrors then try and push it into the open position. They are designed to 'break out' under impact and need to be manually reset.

That might be it, or it might actually be broken

C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your suggestion.

The mirror locks into the closed position but it doesn't lock into the open position. They just manually rotate all the way back and then rotate closed again.
It's as if the open position isn't available.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I've tried manually putting it into the open position but it won't lock into place.
The open position isn't available which makes me suspect that the mirror is somehow detached from the motor mechanism.
If that makes any sense.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thanks, I was afraid of that.
To disassemble do you have to remove the mirror to access the mechanism?
Or do you do in from underneath?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
The flat mirror plate will come off its backing if pulled gently but steadily without too much pressure at any one edge, if nobody has previously messed with it. I think I recall a YouTube video about this step. With the mirror plate out, you will be able to see more of the moving parts inside the mirror housing to diagnose further. I believe both actuators (housing & mirror plate) are inside the housing. I hope something has just slipped out of a track. Otherwise you may have to have a part made or deal with a parts recycler. I don't see any mirror housing internal parts separately available in parts catalog. Good Luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine does the same thing (drivers side). It will come in every time, but going out is a crapshoot. I just leave mine open. I didn't know it had its own fuse! I might just pull it and walk away from it lol. Or, keep an eye on this thread in hopes it's an easy fix :) Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the description K.
I'll try and get into the mechanism over the weekend.
The problem may be more complex, or may even relate to the electrics as the mirror doesn't respond to being moved from the internal switch controller either.
Mine is also the driver's side — although in New Zealand we drive on the other side of the road so for me it's the passenger side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In-case anyone's interested for future repairs of their own mirrors — I managed to repair the side mirror
I removed the internal door trim to access the internal wiring for the mirror.
I simply unplugged the wiring connectors for the mirror, plugged it back together and it started working properly again.
I presume that with time the connection had come loose.
A simple fix that might help someone else out.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts