Maserati Forum banner

Side emblems sourcing ?

4K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  DSGT 
#1 ·
I just realized that one of my side trident emblems is broken ( I suspect it was a car wash person, although no way to prove that.. ) and I checked on Scuderia‘s website but they don‘t seem to have the ones with the red lines, as pictured below . Any ideas where I can find these ?
It looks like eBay does have cheap plastic 3D knockoffs ( I’d rather use OE ones even though it’s far more expensive ) but they’re also without those red lines so not sure where to get something that matches the other emblem which is still intact .
Vehicle Font Symbol Electric blue Emblem

See less See more
#37 ·
I just realized that one of my side trident emblems is broken ( I suspect it was a car wash person, although no way to prove that.. ) and I checked on Scuderia‘s website but they don‘t seem to have the ones with the red lines, as pictured below . Any ideas where I can find these ?
It looks like eBay does have cheap plastic 3D knockoffs ( I’d rather use OE ones even though it’s far more expensive ) but they’re also without those red lines so not sure where to get something that matches the other emblem which is still intact .
View attachment 143170
Brother, your only car wash person should be you. I don’t let anyone else wash my GTS for precisely these kinds of reasons…no one is going to look after it like the owner! Good luck with the emblem replacement.

#41 ·
Brother, your only car wash person should be you. I don’t let anyone else wash my GTS for precisely these kinds of reasons…no one is going to look after it like the owner!
I would, if it was a garage queen driven only on weekends to show and tell events ..but since the first day I bought it this has been, and continues to be my daily driver, beaten by the road and beaten by the elements ( it‘s outdoors 24/7 ) .
So letting someone else wash it once a week or every other week ( it’s ceramic coated, so it holds up really well between washes ) is the least of my concerns. The places to which I take it are fully hand wash and hand dry, and they do an incredible job, including cleaning all the nooks and crannies of the wheels..I have no patience for doing anything of the sort myself . As long as it looks clean most of the time, it’s good enough for me.

#38 ·
Goo-be-gone will probably work to remove the adhesive, but I have successfully used WD-40 and a soft cloth.

I removed my dealer decal with a heat gun (the heat gun on low will soften the adhesive and make decals or emblems easier to remove) but for that emblem I would warm it with the heat gun and then slide dental floss behind it for removal. WD-40 to remove the residue and rubbing alcohol to clean off the "oil" and prep the surface for a new emblem.

#42 · (Edited)
Glad that works for you Dan... (y) I on the other hand, I daily drive it too, but it's always garaged, even when I have to go into the office, (once or twice a week, 50 miles) so I have very little dirt and grime to contend with. I only run it through one of those full on, touchless high pressure spray washes. Occasionally I'll wash it myself...but using even the softest towels/microfiber/sponges/lambswool, or whatever, will eventually cause those ugly "spider web" swirl marks to show up again. (This is after paying $600 for paint correction) so I tend to not touch the paint if I don't have to, to keep it spider web free as long as possible. btw, I think the metallic finishes, and of course black, are even more susceptible to this...IMO

#43 ·
Yes, black does have a tendency to show everything, had one a long time ago, I would not do that again, you have to clean it ‘round the clock pretty much ..and a lot of people enjoy that task, I’m just not one of them ( I used to, when I was younger but have gotten gradually lazy with age I suppose.. ☺ )

#44 · (Edited)
Yup...My SL was black...ugh...
I too am getting too old to be washing my own car...especially my Wife's S class wheels!! I told her not to pick these, they are the WORST to clean, just look at all those angles! But they do look bad ass when clean! (these are not) :p
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

#45 ·
View attachment 143170

Scuderia badge are also in plastic. I acquired for mine and ended installing ones from ebay.

#48 ·
“ Scuderia badge are also in plastic. I acquired for mine and ended installing ones from ebay “

True, but when I removed the OE ones, they felt a lot more solid.. a day and night difference between them and the feeble ones I got from Amazon. Maybe the eBay ones are closer to the OE than Amazon’s seller carries :unsure: Sounds like the Scuderia ones may not be OE ?! But I have little doubt it’s a different and much stronger plastic composite, maybe even the chrome coating is thicker, than my Amazon set. And I’m hopeful the adhesive fully covers all the tips on the ones I’m getting , not falling short by one mm or so .. I’d think the quality control is far better than the cheap ones manufacturer .. Well, we’ll see if it meets the price expectations .

#50 ·
Ok, so…I finally got around today to replacing the Amazon ones with the Scuderia ones.
No doubt far better quality; they definitely feel more solid / stronger, thicker ( so as I suspected it’s probably a different plastic composite ) the chrome seems also more pronounced ( so maybe a couple of coatings instead of one ) but here is the major difference : the adhesive is incomparably better ... I followed the exact same process for removal and application as I did when I placed the Amazon ones on. Just a couple of weeks later the Amazon ones have already started to detach by themselves ( I haven’t washed the car or touched those emblems in any way ) . I just lifted them out of there .. ridiculous .
Placing the Scuderia ones in place immediately felt as if they had a “superglue” backing . Perfect ! Time will tell, but I think they’re well worth the price difference . IMO .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.