Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I want to thank Andrew for adding a Middle East chapter to the Maserati Life website to help those of us based in the region to stay in touch (car meets, road trips, etc.) and share helpful tips and comments relating to our cars (service, after-market, etc.).

I KNOW there are plenty of passionate gearheads in the Middle East who will take advantage of this forum, so don't be shy and post your questions or comments! No questions are dumb, and I am sure our friends in the US, Europe, and Asia can always chime in and help if we get stumped on something.

So, without further delay, I thought a good way to kick things off was for all of our Middle East-based members (and guests to the website) to introduce themselves by posting pics of their Maseratis and any other notable sports cars that they are driving in the Middle East.

Let's see those rides!

Here's mine (currently en route to Dubai from the US)

Happy motoring,

JP

p.s. this forum is strictly for car chat, so please avoid making political and/or religious statements that may offend anyone. :ninja2:

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arancion GS in Dubai (HD Video on YouTube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-aib6P-CU

Given lack of side-markers, this looks like a Gulf-spec or Euro-spec car.

That is the second GS I have seen so far in Dubai. Other was a Black car with an interesting Cuoio Sella / Gray Technical Cloth interior (for sale for $55k).

Now that I am in London I've already seen a couple (including a dark green one and a black MCV!)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MCV-style carbon fiber paddles for my GS...can't wait to go back to Dubai and put these on my car!

They were made by Valence USA.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
JP - they look great. You going to install them yourself? Take pics on the install if you do & share. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My baby in Dubai

Will take more when I am in town later this month. Enjoy!

I'm hoping our silent Mid-East Maseratistis will post theirs too! ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
good to see some new posts on the middle east forum - thanks to JP for all his updates, nice ride you have. I am looking at 09 Gran Turismo S with F1 transmission. Quiet a few on Dubizzle but if anyone has a good plan to share, don't hesitate to pm me.

@Almutamb - maybe check the guys at Max Garage
cheers
Tonio_1

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers tonio_1

In addition to Max, I recommend Alex Renner, who has the much needed SD diagnostic equipment to do service work. This was the problem in the past, whereby we all needed to go to the dealer for 5 minutes and get charged AED 2k! Not anymore :)

Maserati :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Hi,

I own 2008 GTS with 24K KM. I need to replace the pads and rotors. Do you know of workshop and source of parts other than the dealer in Dubai.

Please help

[email protected]
Lovely car. I have black QP Sport GT and seeing your picture made me homesick as I am in Hong Kong and not in London where my car is!

Regarding your rotors just wanted to share with you that with 29 KM on my car, I took it to the FM dealer a few weeks ago and they said that I did not need to replace the rotors but did need to replace the pads. They said I had to have the rotors machined to remove the 'lip' that the older brake pads created and that the rotors would then last many more miles.

I wonder if same might apply to you?

Cheers

Shakeel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheers tonio_1

In addition to Max, I recommend Alex Renner, who has the much needed SD diagnostic equipment to do service work. This was the problem in the past, whereby we all needed to go to the dealer for 5 minutes and get charged AED 2k! Not anymore :)

Maserati :cheers:
JP, any contact details for Alex Renner?

Cheers, Ray.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A beautiful car and combination. You have my favourite colour for the interior - cuoio sella I think it is called.

Hope more ME members join your thread and the chapter!
Thanks Shakeel! The interior is indeed Cuoio Sella (Italian for "Saddle Leather"). It and the Grigio Nuvolari exterior were requirements in my GS hunt! Glad I waited for the right car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
friends,

I went to Alex Renner to replace the pads, and was told the cost of parts alone is over 11K Dirhams. I asked if I can provide parts, can they install, and the answer was NO.

I am planning to order pads and rotors from Jeff Dynamics, and was wondering if anyone knows of trusted workshop that can do the pads replacement and surfacing of the rotors.

Regards [email protected] 0502602015

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks mate...

now where can i get my car serviced in uae and get the best bang for the buck?
Best Bang for Buck = Max Garage

garage-aboutus

They have been around for a very long time and always have lots of interesting cars in their shop. While their prices are way lower than the dealer, you get what you pay for. The shop is very cramped and you are not dealing with an expert of the brand, but with someone who has a lot of experience. So, sometimes you have to point them in the right direction. Mechanically speaking, they are top notch...I have seen them solve hidden gremlins on a QP that the dealer misdiagnosed and charged client thousands of dollars to replace wrong parts.

Most promising independent garage = Alex Renner

Maserati

They are a big name in the UAE for Porsche after sales support, particularly in the pre-owned market. They are also involved in the Porsche Cup and GT races. They have now taken that experience and added a Ferrari / Maserati dedicated garage. While they will be cheaper than dealer, they are not cheap per se. Again, this is relative.

I have also heard and read that TAM Auto Engineering is quite good, but I have no further experience with them.

TAM Auto Engineering - Homepage

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.