Maserati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The brand is actually The Lift Superstore and out of Canada
The lifts as far as I can tell are the same (or very similar) to the Atlas and DirectLift (as well as a few other brands). All are in the similar price range.
Cool! Learn something new every day. I bought mine from him (mostly) because he was local. The one I have is the 9000lb version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok. Here is my 2 cents. I own 2 chinese lifts. I bought them when I was in med school and on a budget. They have worked for 15 years without issue. They are built like tanks. I inspect them every so often and have never had an issue. Ive compared them to the US made models at SEMA and frankly mine are nicer than some of the brands.
If I could of afforded anything Id of bought a Bendpak or rotary but honestly my Chinese lifts will probably out live me.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It's my land yacht, a 66 TBird.

View attachment 135171

Thanks for the kudo's on the floor. It turned out really nice. Learned quite a bit doing the install. It's got a few flaws. I've got a couple adhesion issues but those are my fault (didn't clean the floor well enough). Overall, I love it. As you said, it really takes the garage up a notch.
1966, what a glorious year!
🎂

Reactions: Scott F.

·
Registered
27 Posts
who would do the install? Can a handyman with good knowledge of tools be able to get this done or hire a professional?
You and a friend can install these in about 4 -6 hours. Common garage tools will be used. I did mine with a friend about 12 years ago, obviously it depends on your health and fitness.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know you are asking about a 4-post but I thought I would share this for others. I just did a large garage addition and installed a Rotary 2-post in ground SL210. Rotary's fit and finish is not the best but the lift in general is very nice and way better than my prior above ground Mohawk A7. This is very smooth and quick.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Got mine from a local company in St Louis. I don't know which brand it is as it has his sticker on it. I love it and it gets used continuously by me, my kids, friends, in-laws and car club guys. View attachment 135164 View attachment 135165 View attachment 135166
Bought the exactly sam lift from a German dealer, mine is blue and has a different logo on it (TwinBusch, Germany). The differences refer only to options that could be chosen (e.g. wall mounting of the power unit, mounts for the wheels to be able to move the lift).

I dare say finally they are more or less all produced in China. Howsoever, if they meets the local safety regulations (mine is tested and approved by the Swiss legislator) and I get after sales support from the dealer (I have and it is good) then it should already fit. I'm more than happy with it. Solid quality and easy to install.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I know you are asking about a 4-post but I thought I would share this for others. I just did a large garage addition and installed a Rotary 2-post in ground SL210. Rotary's fit and finish is not the best but the lift in general is very nice and way better than my prior above ground Mohawk A7. This is very smooth and quick.

View attachment 135200 View attachment 135201
Eng. Out service....good times :p

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Actually, I'm doing a ground up restoration on that car. Hopefully I will get it into a paint shop this summer.
Naturally, I'm Green with envy :cool:
Don't think I'll ever part with mine!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Actually, I'm doing a ground up restoration on that car. Hopefully I will get it into a paint shop this summer.
So THIS is why your prices are so high! Just kidding!! 😆

Beautiful garage and beautiful cars!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have two four post lifts in my garage. Titan (same as atlas, really). Wholesale lifts I bought from, about $2500/each shipped to a local freight terminal in Chicago.

The biggest pain is getting them from the LTL terminal to your house. I had to hire a tow truck both times. And be nice to the forklift driver.

First one took two friends and I 6 hours only to get stopped at some unclear directions. Then another 4 hours after that, once support was back open (Titan support is quite good)

Second lift I did myself in about 5 hours, using an engine hoist for the heavy stuff. It is so much easier to do once you've done it before.

I had a leaking master cylinder that ruined rubber belt molding on 2 of my cars. Titan sent me a new cylinder for free.

The only thing I hate are the ramps. They're big and heavy and always in the way. I could have sprung for aluminum ramps.

I want a lift jack for one of mine, so I can completely ditch the stupid jack stands and crammed together jack points forever, but it's another $900 and that's a lot for a jack.

·
Registered
2002 Spyder GT
1 Posts
I did quite bit of research and landed on advantage lifts. I have one strictly for storage and one for storage as well as working on the cars with a rolling air operated jack. I also added LED lights. They have been awesome. Very sturdy. Comes in multiple sizes. I have the smallest. If I would do it over again I would have gone one size up.
Price was more than some and less than others. I feel more secure with the slide mechanism which keeps the unit from swaying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone, I am currently looking for a 4 post lift to install, Just want to see what everyone is using and happy with, I am looking at the Bendpak HD-9 but I know there are many options out there. I have 9'6" ceilings, 4 car garage, only installing in 1 bay, 43' wide by 27' deep.

Thanks in advance
I have a BendPak HD9S. Works like a charm. Mine is 110v, not 220v. Get the center removable plates - great to have. Only issue is that it’s a bit narrow so tires on wide cars rub on entry (my C6 Z06 rear tires rub but Maserati is fine)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey everyone, I am currently looking for a 4 post lift to install, Just want to see what everyone is using and happy with, I am looking at the Bendpak HD-9 but I know there are many options out there. I have 9'6" ceilings, 4 car garage, only installing in 1 bay, 43' wide by 27' deep.

Thanks in advance

If you are located in the midwest the company next door to me sells and installs lifts. I can see what they have available and install dates.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts