Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT that I bought new from the dealer. I have a friend who is now looking at a used one almost identical to mine, but the one he's looking at has a spare tire under the false floor in the trunk, and comes with a tire pump. Mine came with neither (just empty space under the false floor). The one he's looking at still has the original sticker, but the spare isn't listed as an option. WAS it an option? Or did they all come with spares?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply, Dave. Do you happen to know when that "deletion" took place? Like I said, mine is a 2007, and my biz partner is also looking at a 2007. The one he's looking at has the spare, mine didn't. If it was an option, wouldn't it show up on the option list on the original sticker?

·
Registered
232 Posts
My 07 QP Exec did not come with a spare, it was an option only. Only Mas... Cheap bast...s!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
No spare on mine either. That being said, haven't had a flat tire (knock on wood) in 15 years...

Now I will certainly have one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The spare was an option on the car. Your compressor should have the runflat chemical built into it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As the owner of a QP Sport GT I highly recommend the spare tire kit! The 20 inch wheels on these cars are unforgivable for any moderate size pot hole or raised steel plates (f!#^k*ng NYC!!!). Unless you want to spend an eternity for a flat bed truck as the side walls of the tires get ripped very easily making the air pump and slime useless!
In 2 years I've replaced the front tires 4 times! Would not drive far without the spare wheel kit!

·
Registered
175 Posts
tires on Qp sport GTS

As the owner of a QP Sport GT I highly recommend the spare tire kit! The 20 inch wheels on these cars are unforgivable for any moderate size pot hole or raised steel plates (f!#^k*ng NYC!!!). Unless you want to spend an eternity for a flat bed truck as the side walls of the tires get ripped very easily making the air pump and slime useless!

CD: I also own a 2008 Sport GTS .. and am worried about potholes and the likes

I am thinking of getting some 18" wheels and tires for Oct-Apr .. have you thought of it?

Gabriele

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, I have also thought of the 18 inch wheel tires but it would change the looks of the car drastically. I guess you have to compromise or rant and rave at our poor road conditions.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Spare?

My 07 QP Exec did not come with a spare, it was an option only. Only Mas... Cheap bast...s!!
So when I picked up my QP I asked about a spare. I was told "our clients are not the sort who would change a tire". This was said in all seriousness, not a trace of sarcasm. Now I appreciate, and indeed respect, that not everyone wants to hassle with a flat. However, while you can call me sensitive, it kind of came across that I some how didn't quite meet the high standards of Maserati, or at least my dealer. In other words, DIY means too cheap to pay some one (read dealer) to do it rather than if you DIY it may be because you want to know your vehicle, to be one with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts