Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a Maserati was always a dream, back in 2009 when I finally had the means to indulge myself on such a treat, I could not believe it as it was quite a journey. Wonderful wife, wonderful son, wonderful career, a dream house and the Maserati to top it off. But 18 months later after getting delivered, it is getting tired.

It is the most beautiful car for my taste, a head turner which I honestly enjoy, and basically trouble free in average: battery dead if not kept on tender, product recall & fixed, issue with driver window, and now waiting (3 months wait) for the nav unit to be replaced.

It is not the fastest, best handling, best performer car on any category other than looks. I still enjoy it and give me lots of smiles per gallon.

But I am getting tired.

Waiting for a part to arrive from Italy: 3 months and counting
Having to contact HQ to help the dealer to get approval for a fix under warranty
A subpar (even sub par sounds like an overstatement) nav and audio system
Lack of integration with any new piece of technology
Dealer relatively close by, still a pain to get there and no loaner car
18 months later still waiting for the "Maserati assistance" card that was supposedly going to be mailed to me.
HQ got my owner registration info 16 months after getting my car
Lack of touch,relationship or care from HQ
Squeaky brakes
And last, while money is not a problem at all, I do hate to be asked to pay outrageous prices for any minimal service. I am not sure how the rest of the world works but folks, I got wealthy no necessarily by throwing money away

So basically I am treated as if it were a privilege to own a Maserati, which I think it is, but a privilege because I managed to do well enough in life to afford these little things... Call it luck, call it hard work, but in any case I am the one that figured out how to get the money, it is not like I was randomly selected by Maserati to make me the "owner" of one of these beauties.

Other than the realization of a dream, the experience of owning a Maserati is basically mediocre in terms of the "overall experience" if I include all the elements.

So, back to the title of my post, and with such an old car (18 months!) :thumbsup: I am on the market looking for the next car. Nothing comes even close to the gt! Not even a Ferrari as I like a more elegant and subtle look! But the many shortcomings i see, makes me think is time to part ways?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I suspect everyone who reads your post will agree with, or at least be able to relate to. many of your sentiments. Quite frankly, I would be willing to bet that most people's satisfaction with their cars is directly proportional to the problems they've had. The owner/dealership experience is not really on par with other luxury car brands and the service is slow and expensive. Now I say all that with the understanding that Maserati cannot realistically compete with companies like Mercedes, BMW or Lexus in the U.S. They're simiply too small to provide the same scale of operation, sales & service, parts inventory, etc. As such, you really do have to be accepting of those shortcomings when you purchase one of these cars. However, you do not have to accept poor build quality, rude or unattentive service or price gouging. That's why most of us have found a quality indy shop we can trust to do non-warranty work. I have owned my car for about the same period of time as you and I couldn't be happier. I have also only made only one trip to the service department in that period of time. In other words, I've been pretty fortunate and it has made my ownership experience that much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gioia, so the Ferrari 612 doesn't appeal to you, lighter, more powerful, F1, agile, nice lines? I am surprised with your dealer experience, maybe not so much with Maserati, NA. My dealer experience has been very good on both the Maserati and Ferrari side. If you are really looking for a replacement, I have a spreadsheet comparing GT sports cars as well as 4 door saloons, about 1 year old, PM me and I will send it to you. Best, Doug

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gioia, so the Ferrari 612 doesn't appeal to you, lighter, more powerful, F1, agile, nice lines? I am surprised with your dealer experience, maybe not so much with Maserati, NA. My dealer experience has been very good on both the Maserati and Ferrari side. If you are really looking for a replacement, I have a spreadsheet comparing GT sports cars as well as 4 door saloons, about 1 year old, PM me and I will send it to you. Best, Doug
The 612 only? I have yet to find a Ferrari model I do not like :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Living in the UK, my experience has been quite the opposite, both in respect of Maserati HQ and dealer. The attention to detail, levels of professionalism and enthusiasm for their product have been second to none. I have been able to develop relationships with the service manager, service rep and lead technician.

Much as RussArch has mentioned, it has sealed my loyalty to the brand, which surely must be intention. In contrast, the mass-market service experience from BMW was not just inauthentic, but incredibly poor.

I wonder if your dealership can improve with a little encouragement and a lot of feedback, of the nature of your post? I would like to think that Maserati HQ and the dealership would be disappointed if people were exiting the brand due to the net service experience being delivered.

It's up to you, but if you have found the car that ticks your boxes, then it may be worth investing in a heartfelt, constructive letter to the dealer manager, copied to Maserati HQ. It may not turn their operation around overnight but may make them more attentive and thoughtful in their dealings with you, which could be enough to keep you in their brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm with mowlas on this one. I get excellent personal service from the dealer - right through from having the cell phone number of the head mechanic to regular corporate event invites. Service is prompt and efficient, although I don't get a courtesy car either - but hey - I didn't even buy the car from them. If you like the car but not the dealer, you need to let them know. Otherwise, flip it and get something that makes you happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with Mowlas. Living in UK its a completely different experience.

I get top notch service, no waiting around and find the dealer goes out of his way for you. The service centre is also top notch. I have never had bad service from them and have never had no reason to complain.

I also have a mercedes as a family car, and the service level from them is no where near as on par with Maserati service.

I just think it comes down to the dealership and service centre.

·
Registered
628 Posts
+1. My dealer, Ferrari Maserati in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada has been fantastic. Any and all issues taken care of beyond what I would expect. I'd let the dealer know about your dissatisfaction and maybe they can learn from your comments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dealer experience (Seattle, WA) has been fantastic over the last 6+ years. Highly personal, prompt and efficient. No BS, genuine relationship with people who really care about their customers. These have been the most reliable cars I have owned so far and the dealer visits tend to be more of a social experience than a visit to fix cars.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My experience with my dealer in South Florida is a good one too (courtesy calls, invitation to events, phone numbers of mechanics, loaner cars, the card for the assistance arrived promptly, ...).

Like others have said, Maserati HQ should know if you are not happy about the service.

I would not change my car just for a lack of perfect service from a dealer, especially if you know you can buy another car from another brand anytime you want to. If you love it (and you do), keep it. The GranTurismo is not only one of the sexiest most gorgeous cars on the road, it is also as you know a car with a stunning exhaust sound as well as a very fast and capable automobile.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
My experience with my dealer in South Florida is a good one too (courtesy calls, invitation to events, phone numbers of mechanics, loaner cars, the card for the assistance arrived promptly, ...).

Like others have said, Maserati HQ should know if you are not happy about the service.

I would not change my car just for a lack of perfect service from a dealer, especially if you know you can buy another car from another brand anytime you want to. If you love it (and you do), keep it. The GranTurismo is not only one of the sexiest most gorgeous cars on the road, it is also as you know a car with a stunning exhaust sound as well as a very fast and capable automobile.
Mine too. I have dealt with 3 Maserati dealers in Florida over the past 6 years and they have all been fine, and I too get invited to events, parties etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I enjoy a good relationship with my dealer, but I don't expect it because I bought an expensive car. If they don't like you, you won't get good service.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Plenty of problems with heavy German metal in my experience.

Sell it and buy a new 4.7 and start the dream again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
you want the latest and greatest get a fisker or a tesla model s..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sunshine-- I live in Miami. Who do you deal with? Ft lauderdale? Are loaners part of the package with warranty work. Reason I ask is becuase My CLS 63 amg engine blew up and I had no car for a month! Mercedes gave me a loaner for that time period no questions asked.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Going on 8 years with Maserati. All about a good independent.

Sorry to hear you have been soured with your Maserati experience. I have had my 04 CC since 05 and put 41,000 miles on her. I am hooked on Maserati. It's the best blend for me. Practical and fun!

The experience has been awesome. A huge part has been due to my friend who happens to be an excellent independent. I grew up with him and he has over 20 years of working on cars. He is honest and does excellent work at more than half the cost of the dealer.

I do not think I would be as happy if I did not have a quality independent as close by. I don't mind spending money but 500 for an oil change or 5000 for a heater core, no thanks. I buy the filter from the dealer for 35 bucks and he does it for 50 bucks. My heater core cost 2,500 ish complete.

All fluids are about 100 bucks. Jeff at FD hooked me up with tires.

I think reasonable service costs make a world of difference.

When I do deal with FMONJ. They have been great every time! I guess I got lucky.

Bottom line these cars are awesome but at some point the costs to maintain may get a little too much to bear.

That being said I plan on selling my 04 and will hopefully end up in a nice 09 or 10 gts of some sort.

Good luck with your baby and I hope whatever you get really makes you happy and moves you!!! I still get a huge smile when I get behind the wheel and crank her up! Best looking cars for the money at this time. Cm

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1. My dealer, Ferrari Maserati in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada has been fantastic. Any and all issues taken care of beyond what I would expect. I'd let the dealer know about your dissatisfaction and maybe they can learn from your comments
I'm happy to hear that especially knowing there just a few minutes away!

I just purchased an '09 GT-S (MC-Shift) and will have to bring mine in for the 20K service for the greet and meet first time I expect in April?

A recent telephone conversation with service to bring me up to speed on where I stand with the warranty/service on this vehicle was very pleasant and definitely made me feel at ease.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts