Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have found a 2004 coupe in the colour combo that I have been looking for with full Maserati service history, last one carried out about a month ago. However it has done 80,000 miles, should I go on condition or just not consider it?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have found a 2004 coupe in the colour combo that I have been looking for with full Maserati service history, last one carried out about a month ago. However it has done 80,000 miles, should I go on condition or just not consider it?
I've seen 3200GT (first incarnation of the Coupe) and GTA (the Asseto Corsa) with 140k miles on the clock and running smoothly. OK, it's a different engine, etc., but the 4200 powerplant is much more reliable than the twin-turbo in the 3200s.

Now, it depends on condition, clean FMSH, number of previous owners, and I would closely look at bodywork for signs of rust, etc. Do an HPI check for information about any past insurance claims, etc. Note the VIN # and ask at a near official dealer if they can provide you the information on their systems as to service history and repairs (some do that, most don't, but worth a try). Well, I'm here assuming you're buying privately...

It's on the high-end in terms of mileage, but if color combo+price ticks your box...

·
Registered
258 Posts
amazing,I could not imagine that Maserati can do that

I think that I feel happy that my car has less than 14000 miles.
How much does a car with 80 k miles worth?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think that I feel happy that my car has less than 14000 miles.
How much does a car with 80 k miles worth?
Boring cars are ment to be driven not putted around every once and awhile my 05 has over 18k on it I love it

·
Registered
513 Posts
80k miles??!! are u sure it was not a Bi-Turbo 1987?

I cannot beleive a 2004 would have 80k. Jeezus, are the doors marked "City Cab" ??, that is pretty re-assuring that a Maz has made 80k. I would kill to be able to review the service history/costs to maintain that for 80k miles.

but 38k is way too steep for a car with that kind of miliage. I would think 30k would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have spoken to the Maserati dealership who looked after it and it is not surprising that the knew the car. Every service has been done to date with the last service carried out 2 weeks ago at the Maserati dealership and this was arranged by the dealer who is currently selling the car.

Am going to look at it this afternoon as it is only 60 miles away.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is interesting that you entered the UK's Forum too!!!
Only one advice.......
Listen to the eldest........ they know!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts