Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shell Vmax is £1.13 a LITRE!!!! Thats around £5 a gallon or $10!! It is set to go even higher in the autumn (fall). Much of it goes to the tax man.
Am I gonna drive less? NO!!!!

They are also using Green arguments to get us to drive less powerful cars. Is it me or does it make no sense to others?
Its now going to cost $50 PER DAY to drive into central London on top of fuel, on top of parking and on top of paying annual road tax of £210 ($420). This annual tax may rise to £400($800) next april.

Porsche GB is taking London council to court over this.
I just cant understand how heavy taxes on the so called gas-guzzlers will cut emmisions of CO2.

All they need to do is close just ONE factory in India or China or Brazil so the rest of us can drive our gas-guzzlers. Wellthey could enforce a stricter policy on factories emitting in the third world. The co2 doesnt just hang around above UK airspace does it?

Range Rovers and alike in UK are known as Chelsea tractors as most apparently live their life in posh fashionable suburb of London called Chelsea. These days I understand you need a six figure bank balance and a special passport to enter it.

A gas - guzzler is any car which is not a gay Toyota prius.
I dont get involved in politics but I could rant on all day on this subject. Any room for one more in the states?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Governments....

It's about time the populace stood up to all of these losers in the government... Government workers are too stupid to have real jobs, as well as too lazy and they hate those of us who work hard and are smart so they have decided to hold us back by creating this green earth sustaining crap.

I love the fact that Al Gore's global warming conferences have been canceled 8 out of 10 times due to blizzards... It's all part of the UN and those in the UN are now realizing how stupid they have been, well at least according the WSJ today....

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
It's about time the populace stood up to all of these losers in the government... Government workers are too stupid to have real jobs, as well as too lazy and they hate those of us who work hard and are smart so they have decided to hold us back by creating this green earth sustaining crap.

I love the fact that Al Gore's global warming conferences have been canceled 8 out of 10 times due to blizzards... It's all part of the UN and those in the UN are now realizing how stupid they have been, well at least according the WSJ today....
...and let's not forget that the earth's temperature apparently fell in 2007.

Global temperatures cycle up and down and have for millions of years. We will absolutely have another ice age. And we will likely have a nasty spell of warm times. It is what it is. We're just passengers on spaceship earth, and while we need to do our utmost not to destroy it, we need to be aware that there are many things beyond our control.

That said, we do need a concerted effort to find other sources of energy, if for no other reason than to get off the "petrocrack". It causes some undesirable geopolitical behaviors, that's for certain.

Build me an EV that runs like a supercar (we're close) and I'll be fine without gasoline.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Build me an EV that runs like a supercar (we're close) and I'll be fine without gasoline.
Tubi will need to get into the 'faux exhaust' audio business because we'll need an exterior sound system to replace the humm of the electric motor.... :confused: Damn....I'm gonna miss the sound of my tubi....

I can just hear the electric supercar debate now...."my buzz is better than your buzzzz'. (sorry Buzz - no offense). :)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Tubi will need to get into the 'faux exhaust' audio business because we'll need an exterior sound system to replace the humm of the electric motor.... :confused: Damn....I'm gonna miss the sound of my tubi....

I can just hear the electric supercar debate now...."my buzz is better than your buzzzz'. (sorry Buzz - no offense). :)
Funny you mention that...

There's a discussion going on in Pennsylvania right now regarding the danger of hybrids/EVs in and around the cities, due to the fact that the visually impaired (and their guide animals) can't hear them.

The interesting thing is that we'll probably have a whole industry of customized undercar sound systems, with "downloadable engine sounds"...I can see it now. I will apply for the patent tomorrow morning... ;-)

Instead of dropping $2000 and a couple days to switch your exhaust system, you'll do it in 10 seconds for $1.99...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Instead of dropping $2000 and a couple days to switch your exhaust system, you'll do it in 10 seconds for $1.99...
...like ringtones for your car! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Insane prices...

$10.00 a gallon that is waaaaay too crazy!!! hope it never gets that high over here. Right now we are paying about $4.25 a gallon for Shell V-power. Diesel about $4.45 a gallon and this worries me more... ~20 gallons a week in my Maser ain't much when compared to 70 gallons an hour at cruising speed on my boat about 250 gallons an outting, of course I'm feeding 1,870 horses but maaaan... I wonder when will this end...???

·
Registered
274 Posts
Totally agree on the crazy UK prices , have mentioned this before how lucky you yanks are ,( and yes im jealous ) fill up my tank at least once a week £104.00 roughly $200 .00 have put this out to several forums and i invite ideas/ opinions from anyone to actually put one argument in favour for not doing away with out yearly car tax in favour of putting more tax on petrol,

Then the people who buy fuel pay tax, the more they use the more they wear out our roads the more tax they pay logic i say,

A t present i have 4 cars
4200cc coupe car tax at present £210.00 2009- £450 2010 -£900.00
merc clk 320 " " £210.00 2009- £450 2010- £450.00
merc clk 220 £210.00 2009- £450 2010- £450.00
Mazda RX8 £210.00 2009- £450 2010- £900.00
work van diesel £210.00 2009- £450 2010- £400.00

How can i possibly drive 4 cars at once ,costing me big bucks already just to own them and run them , we really getting penalised over here in the name of going green i would be better off if they put more tax on fuel me i keep out of london when im driving too expensive ,

Some have found a loop hole in the law , and there are loads of people registering thier cars as taxis, free then after you pay a one of registration fee of around $30, On the news it was reported that over 100 supercars bentleys/ferraris massers and lambo's have registered hehheh

Sorry for my rant another one says room for one more over there

Regards loz

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tip for brits

If road tax will increase dramatically next April you should relinquish the current road tax in Feb/March and buy new 12 month road tax before the tax hype to get the current cost.

Brits dont complain enough, if they did this in france there would be a riot. Remember the French farmers blockade when they were burning down sheep and blocking the roads?

I toatlly agree with Loz, scrap car tax in favour of an extra penny or two on fuel duty.

I THOUGHT WE WON THE WAR?!!

[email protected], this is getting political.

·
Registered
274 Posts
cheers stats, needed the rant , had a bad day god i hate mondays almost as much as gordon brown and im still full of hate for his predecessor for screwing up the country, need a good therapist or a whole week in the masser.and two or three tankfulls

Regards loz

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, guess I'll be biting the dust in about a month when I have to renew the road tax for the GS.

UK a friendly place for motoring..? NOT!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shell Vmax is £1.13 a LITRE!!!! Thats around £5 a gallon or $10!! It is set to go even higher in the autumn (fall). Much of it goes to the tax man.
Am I gonna drive less? NO!!!!

They are also using Green arguments to get us to drive less powerful cars. Is it me or does it make no sense to others?
Its now going to cost $50 PER DAY to drive into central London on top of fuel, on top of parking and on top of paying annual road tax of £210 ($420). This annual tax may rise to £400($800) next april.

Porsche GB is taking London council to court over this.
I just cant understand how heavy taxes on the so called gas-guzzlers will cut emmisions of CO2.

All they need to do is close just ONE factory in India or China or Brazil so the rest of us can drive our gas-guzzlers. Wellthey could enforce a stricter policy on factories emitting in the third world. The co2 doesnt just hang around above UK airspace does it?

Range Rovers and alike in UK are known as Chelsea tractors as most apparently live their life in posh fashionable suburb of London called Chelsea. These days I understand you need a six figure bank balance and a special passport to enter it.

A gas - guzzler is any car which is not a gay Toyota prius.
I dont get involved in politics but I could rant on all day on this subject. Any room for one more in the states?
Ack! This is really getting out of hand here.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
A Maserati should run on breast milk...big breast milk. I don't know why...but it would be great for everybody:D
..yea, but eventually some activist would legislate that we'd all have to be running on reduced fat or skim. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts