Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just got my 2003 Coupe back from the dealer (oil change, inspection, handbrake adjustment, fuel tank gasket replacement - nothing substantial). The dealer, by the way, is very good - Algar outside Philadelphia - nothing but good things to say about them, reasonable prices, work done on time, etc...

...but...

...when I got the car back, I noticed that the shifting in sport mode was very perceptibly "different" - slower. My first thought was that the ECU had been reflashed with a newer/older/different rev. I called back and asked, and they insisted it hadn't been modified.

I'm at a loss, because I think highly of the dealer and have no reason to doubt them...yet I really feel like something "changed" in the CC shift rate.

I'm going to swing by next week and have them check the ECU rev and see where we go from there, but wanted to see if anyone had any insights.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dear Rick,

Remembering the discussion over the aftermarket Eurotek ECU program, and the fact that our systems, "Learn," our driving behavior, I wonder whether, after each time our batteries are disconnected, certain parameters revert back to their default settings, and that only after driving the car hard for 50 miles or so do we get back to where we were before the service. Just an idea. I too noticed a shift change after a recent clutch replacement, like all the parts were moving slower.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The transmission will shift harder if you drive it harder, also while they may not have reflashed the ECU, (which incidentally usually means sending the unit to New Jersey, and generally adds a few days onto your service) they *might* have adjusted some of the clutch parameters. I would double check that. Otherwise just drive the car hard for a few days, and it should come back.

I get to drive a lot of used cars as well as customer cars that come in for service, and you can definately feel a difference depending on how they generally drive their cars.

- Mark

·
Registered
513 Posts
I beleive if you disconnect the battery, the computer then re-learns your driving behavior. I doubt it is your ECU. To save you some time, you could cut power to the car for an hour or so, then power back up and drive like a madman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts