Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! I have been wanting to replace my shifter surround in my center console for some time. Used parts are not an option with an Avorio or pearl beige interior due to used parts being worse than mine. I bought a car that obviously had a small dog in it at some point because the small tears everywhere up front. Looks awful so i'm trying to patch together the damage. One piece that is as elusive as bigfoot is the the beige shifter surround. Scuderia could not find it. They cost about $1,600 new plus shipping. So my next option was something new or in good shape to dye it with this wonderful matching paint from The Parts Place. Says up to 2006 Maserati Avorio but it matches close enough. One day searching on Ebay, i found the part in Cuoio from FC Kerbeck Maserati dealer in NJ. Couldn't believe the price $170.00! It only took 2 coats of this dye and we are in business. I am going to Send the shifter/cupholder trim plate to Dave at Sticky with a couple other parts in a few weeks. So i'll post completion photos then. Here are the before photos for now:
Bag Sleeve Wood Gadget Bumper

Jeans Product Luggage and bags Packing materials Bag
Rectangle Bag Wood Comfort Automotive exterior

Liquid Product Fluid Debit card Plastic bottle

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
My plastic part of the console is VERY sticky so I plan on pulling that sometime this winter and either replacing or I may try to do one of the home made fixes first before resorting to sending it off.

Doesn't look too bad to get that piece off though. Look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
All you have to do with black sticky is wipe good, and spray 2 coats of 2K on it. you will never have a sticky console again...

2K is an enamel clear coat with a hardner in it... even if you took the parts to be professionally clear coated, the hardner in it gives the plastic a new surface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts