Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help. My shift knob broke in half yesterday in my 2005 Quattroporte and I don't want to replace the entire shifter assembly. It looks like the screw broke in half inside the assembly.

Regardless, I do not want to replace the entire assembly for $1k when its a cheap plastic part that is broken.

What is an alternative?

Does anyone know someone in the Los Angeles, CA area that can fix it besides the dealership?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm kind of surprised Yuninfo didn't post to direct you to his forum to tell you how to fix it by searching for bulletins.....

I have used Hill Engineering products before and I think Veloce is right about recommending that part.

Nick

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hill Engineering solution from Ricambi works well

A piece of the plastic reverse lever on my 2007 QP shift lever broke off, the lever was still functional. thanks for the heads up on this solution. I had the Ricambi RL-02 cost $165 installed for $200, compared with the OEM $1,100 replacement of the entire unit. On the Hill Eng. Part, both the lever and black housing are aluminum and should be far more durable than the plastic originally on the car. The OEM lever has brass bushings to facilitate smooth operation, not present on the Hill part. However, a little grease on the Hill part makes the movement indistinguishable from the original. Doug

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hi everyone!

my lever is not broken, however it has come off the shift stick, cannot figure out how to put it back,anyone can help?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did is separate at the bushings or did the plastic handle come off the lever? My guess a repair would not be economic as the plastic lever is very prone to break anyway and the all aluminum Hill part ($365intalled for me) ought to be durable. Then you won't have to worry every time you valet park. Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same problem as above. The machine screw holding the lever to the shift arm backed out. What is the simplest and easiest place to separate the shift assembly and get to the back side of the shift arm? Are we talking about uninstalling the entire console, or is there a brake point somewhere where I can just pop a panel off to get to the shift arm?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just replaced mine and it really is a simple job that took me 20 minutes. Need a medium and small phillips and a small flat head screwdriver for the install. The trim piece\console is held in with one screw. It really is so simple. Take a look at the thread here and you can ask here or PM for other details; Good luck.

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/16009-t-bar-v-detailer.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts