Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of looking at the spot of leather that has worn away on my shift knob. I would love a factory replacement, but the $1200+ price tag is a bit (read: ridiculously) expensive.

Has anyone found a more reasonably priced alternative? I am not totally committed to the factory look - if a 355 knob or similar would fit that is fine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leather can be fixed. I would take it to someone to fix the worn spot rather than get something else.
Trying to find someone in the Philly area that can do this is like herding cats (already tried this). I am more than happy to ship it somewhere if anyone has a suggestion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did. I ended up reaching out to someone who fabricated a bunch for a group buy years back. He happened to have one sitting around that I was able to purchase.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no clue where the original is, and feel it would be difficult to shift if I sold you the one on my car :p

So unfortunately I can't be any help.

·
Registered
499 Posts
are you talking about the manual shift knob on a 6MT? What was $1200? I replaced mine years ago and I know I didn't spend $1200 on it. Check with Formula Dynamics to see what they would price one out at.

I do have a billet one that I never installed (was waiting for my leather one to wear out) - if I can find it I might sell it to you.

DC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh
are you talking about the manual shift knob on a 6MT? What was $1200? I replaced mine years ago and I know I didn't spend $1200 on it. Check with Formula Dynamics to see what they would price one out at.

I do have a billet one that I never installed (was waiting for my leather one to wear out) - if I can find it I might sell it to you.

DC
! Let me know please! Yes its 6MT.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What’s wrong with your knob? I just replaced mine with a carbon fiber one and may have no use for my original one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I inherited the car two years ago. The knob was gone then. We got a very poor temporary fix till we find one. I've had her in the shop quite a bit just getting her back into good shape. Only has 35k on it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice! My original knob is not in pristine condition but if you need it, let’s figure something out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts